1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Generators

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Stevie Tea, Oct 15, 2014.

1. I looking to buy a cheap petrol driven generator for occasional use and have found a couple of interest. A Clarke (Machine Mart) FG2500 at £228 and, from a company I've not heard of before trueshopping.co.uk, an AGHA2500 at £200. Both seem fairly similar giving outputs of just over 2kW.

Links to the two items are

I've used Clarke kit before its nothing special but usually of reasonable quality, I've no idea what the trueshopping kit would be like. So, the questions are:
    • Anyone used trueshopping and can comment on the quality?
    • Anyone used either of these generators and care to comment on them?
    • Any suggestions on other generators I should look at?
    Thanks all

2. Honda is the best but pricey. You probably know that already.
    Since I've owned two generators I've not had a single power cut in 17 years!

3. as you say, clark are ok nuthin spec,, Honda are the best,, I know someone who got a cheap Chinese one,,, but when it broke they could not get anyone who knew anything about it or any spare parts,, so be warned

4. what you wanting to power?

5. I'm wanting this for keeping the pump running on the central heating boiler and the freezer running if we get any power cuts and for power tools (drill, plane etc) at other times.

Plus just having it sat in the garage will ensure there are no power cuts as Air Con suggested!

6. dont think they will be big enough. go slightly bigger spend on a good one.
    we use ours regularly. 2 and 3 days at a go. get a lot of power outs up here.
    dont know how safe it is but i generally just plug it in to one of the sockets and switch off at the mains. powers most of the house.. got a cheep Chinese Honda copy good enough. next time i will get a proper good one and wired in properly.

7. a decent two cylinder diesel is better long term investment,, lot cheaper to run and nowadays have good sound proofing

8. Ive got a honda 2.2kva genny £50

9. Is your oil running out already - lucky escape that there voting malarkey ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. to right. Enough hot air down your way to keep us going over the winter.
    as cold as it gets.

11. you ran out of o's too? Here you go, have a few more:

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

12. don't cry son, your alright. it will be fine.

13. Oh thanks goodness - didn't sleep too well...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information