1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Generic Warning Light On All The Time In Race Mode

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Spud312r, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Anybody have any idea why this warning light is permantly on ..

I have full akra system and ducati race faring kit, so no lights front/back etc...

1st session out this light came on, checked manual and its a generic error of some sort - but not the ECU.
    Bike was performing fine on track..
    Called Ducati and they stated that if bike is running fine then ok to use but bring bike in for a check

Bike checked by Ducati - zero errors (alerts for lights disconected showed on laptop) - they cant tell me why its on as none of the electronic modules are showing errros .
    So Ducati are stumped.. and asked me to try the bike in street mode on the track and see if it goes out , if so then take a picture of screen, put it back in race mode and see if it comes on again take another picture of the screen, them thinking its got to do with being in race mode etc..

The issue i have is that while its on, IF anything did fail - like abs, qs etc i would never be shown on the screen as the light is permantly lit..
    I cant find anything in the manual or online about it..

So wondering if anyone has a similair issue in track mode with zero lights ..

upload_2019-4-18_15-0-29.png

2. Might just be a dodgy light blank or something? If there's a problem with ABS or QS or whatever then the other lights will come on anyhow so it's no big deal really. ABS has it's own light. QS failing rarely shows on the dash anyhow, it just stops working properly. Engine or other serious issues will flash up on the screen in large writing. Lots of people who dont have the light blanks ride around with the warning lights on all the time.

3. Cheers fella

I was told by Ducati when i bought the race fairng kits that there wouldnt be a light on the dash when they were disconnected as in the kit, they didnt supply any front/rear light terminators like the older 1299 race faring kits , but obviously that was bullshit....

I will check the front/rear fake light blanks if the have any kind of terminator where the connector would go, if not i'm going to push ducati for them as they supplied them in the 1199/1299 race faring kits..

I'm just concerned that the light being on all the time, is masking/covering any other potential issue ?!?!

4. Nah, you’ll be fine. And yes, you get the warning ⚠️ light on the dash when you disconnect your lights.
    If you stick a resistor across the pins it might ‘fool’ the ECU and clear the fault. I’m not sure. I’ve got the same thing mine but just give it a good ignoring.

5. Cheers fella's thats all i wanted to know, much appreciated..

Shame Ducati dont provide the full kit when purchase their race faring kit like they used to , including mirror blanks, terminators for lights/side stand etc..

6. Prompted by this thread, I just checked my V4R track bodywork kit and in the bits bag there are 2 connector blanks which I guess are for the front and rear light connectors. I was surprised by just how much the V4R kit came with and disappointed it didn’t come with a set of wings. Andy

7. Are there part numbers on those connectors or bags/packing list ?

8. Only 3861017 1A on what I guess is the rear light. The bigger of the 2 is just loose in the box. Andy

9. Thanks Andy

10. Hi. Just to resurrect an old thread. I’ve got the same problem with the generic warning light coming on after fitting headlight and tail light blanks. Also no plugs in my fairing kit box. Ducati said there shouldn’t be any warning lights. Did you ever resolve your issue?

11. Part number for the tail light electrical blank is 96510961A

you should have received this in your track fairing kit, along with a side stand eliminator 38610171A

12. I received the side stand one but not the rear light one.

13. The yellow triangle is due to the DLR light being disconnected , either ignore it or Ducati can cancel it for you

14. Hi. So to update on this. Ducati said the same, that it was the DRL light causing this. I thought it was the tail light dummy connector because when I plugged the tail light in it went out. So I received a new connector, same problem.
    Anyway it turns out that even Ducati were wrong. With the number plate blank comes a little dummy connector which stated to be used on V2 only. Even the pictorial showed the V4 wiring simply tucked away so I thought I’d give it a go anyway, I plugged this connector into the number plate light wiring and that was it. Fault cleared, never to return again.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information