1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting A Little Excited

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by jack999s, May 29, 2019.

1. on the downside, my old one was was like new, this ones a doer upper o_O

#41 Flatfish, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
  2. my friends had teasdales fit oxford grips to theirs. the ribs on the throttle tube needs grinding off, and the grip on the left needs doctoring to fit over the traction control toggle switch retaining ring, and the extreme left rib end cutting off. needless to say mines without them. come on aprilia, sort it out!!

3. Home page material that ;)

4. I had a test ride of one from Teessdale’s earlier this year....
    Loved it, epic bike, gave it full beans coming up the bank out of Helmsley towards chop gate and the bike nearly left without me!!
    I could feel it trying to shoot away from underneath me!!
    Quickshifter is essential as you daren’t loosen your grip on the bars to pull the clutch lever in!!

I’m just trying to hold on to see what this new updated SSS 959 looks like at the end of the year, or the Ducati V4 Streetfighter before I push the button on a new bike , if I’m disappointed with either of those, I’ll be heading in the direction of a V4 Tuono as well

I’m sure you’ll enjoy your new bike buddy, good choice

5. Cheers mate, I cant wait, Hopefully the weather gets better, Its been raining for nearly 2 weeks:)

6. Teesdales is the shop I am buying mine from. The section of the road from Chop Gate to Stokesley was even more interesting than the climb out of helmsley. You could feel the electronics getting a workout.

7. Teasdale is we’re I’ll be test riding as it’s over the a59 from me,what good roads is there to have a play on up there

8. Caravan route from thirsk to helmsley, hemsley to stokesley, then stokesley to a19 and back to thirsk. They give you about an hour on the bike so you can just about manage. I think its 60 miles on that route. They do warn you they have a tracker on the bike and will not let you test ride anything else if you go over 100.....;);).
    I found them really helpful.

9. Flatfish funny corner
    Friend and I filled up at Thirsk and headed into the Dales. Next fill up, he put £11 in his Speed RS, I put £19 in the Tuono. Computer says 32mpg.

10. I believe if your having the Akro fitted by the dealer there should be an unlock code that allows the race map to be installed at the same time, some say you should have the race map installed if you are removing the cat, others say it's fine as long as you don't run with out the baffle.
    I'd double check with the dealer.

11. I have mint condition rad guards, tail tidy and led indicators send me a P.m. if youre interested. :upyeah:

12. I've been onto the dealer about this and it's all to be sorted at first service when the Akra arrives from aprillia. Thanks for the heads up

13. I just ordered rad guards and tail tidy along with axles sliders on fri night. This is just my luck thanks mate

14. If you ride with your toes on the pegs and your heels inwards, look at some sort of protection for the swingarm, as I noticed my boots were rubbing on the helicopter tape the shop had added.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. just replace the tape when its worn through. thats the purpose of the factory tape :upyeah:

16. IMG_2131.jpeg
    Love my tuono.....an absolute weapon.

• Like Like x 8
    • Love You Love You x 1
  17. Ohh well that's the SFS just left and the new beast arrived, Don't no if this rains ever going to give up :expressionless: If any ones in the market for a first class SFS shes now in Jim Allen motorcycles Falkirk, Shes a cracking bike and would be difficult to find better imho, Wee photo of the new bike 62077281_612065462622061_2930259201680736256_n.jpg

#57 jack999s, Jun 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Cracking bike, weather is going to be a bit better later in the week so hopefully you'll be able to get out on it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. that needs my tail tidy and rad guards :D

20. Tail tidys in post and rad guards:upyeah: arrived today, Pitty that I had ordered them:(

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information