1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting A Little Excited

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by jack999s, May 29, 2019.

• Funny Funny x 1
  1. Looking at his helmet......s

2. :thinkingface:

3. :eyes:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. I feel a story of a road trip coming up :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I have a 2017 Tuono Factory and it's awesome. Reliability has been excellent. Had the Akrapovic and ECU race map fitted by the dealer when I purchased the bike. The only problem was that it was way too LOUD and the silencer and link pipe had plates rivetted to it in several places saying "for race use only". Won't be very helpful when it's due a MoT! After several months I refitted the standard silencer but kept the ECU race map. Neighbours much happier now and I'm not so nervous about letting it rip without attracting the attention of our friends in blue.

6. Hi mate, The Akrapovic im waiting for is the Titanium road legal one

7. The test bike I rode had a straight through carbon Akra on and didnt seem too loud. Nice bangs through the exhaust on the up shift as well

8. clever thing about the standard can, is that it has the cat, flapper valve and 2 paths for the gasses to take, depending on the flapper position, for the emissions and ride by the gasses take the long route, when the flap is open, all hell breaks loose! the road legal akra has a small cat in the link pipe, the loud option doesnt. it does have a removable baffle though.
    Oh, no one asked....... sorry........

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. no, but everyone behind you was left deaf and shaking, oh and torched by the flames leaving the exhaust. If the devil rode a bike......

10. Never knew that about the standard exhaust, it did sound nice with the standard pipe but I've gone down the decat Akra route, sounds nice but not too loud,
    I've left the baffle in though.

11. i left the baffle in, but the agv lids so noisy i couldnt hear the bike so took it out again! :rolleyes:

12. I picked my 2019 factory 6 weeks ago now, mainly out of frustration that the V4 streetfighter was not coming soon enough.... I've had a few Duc's and have honestly loved them. I would have made arrangements to be buried with them for when I pop the mortal coil... BUT the Aprilia makes my supersport S feel like a combine harvester ! My advice is.... if you are a diehard Ducatista do not get one or I doubt you will ever return from the darkside.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. :D All I can do is sit and look at the bloody thing, Got it Tuesday and still not been out on it, Don't think its stopped raining here for 3 weeks now :( Tomorrow is meant to be good though, Ive sold nearly everything Ducati I own accept for my boots :eek: Been fitting some crash protecting and Radiator guards etc, Tail tidy still not arrived yet, Out of interest did you get a service book with yours or is that a thing of the past? I didn't get one just a tiny owners manual 2 inches thick that I need a magnifying glass to read :upyeah:

Like you I got sick of waiting for the v4 SF

#75 jack999s, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  14. Jack where in Scotland you based.

15. Up in Wick mate

16. Decent roads up there for you to run it in. Shame we get about a week of sun a year in Scotland.

• Like Like x 1
  17. No service book, I'm told it's all electronic now !
    Looks like we are carbon copies, Rad guards are on and essential, I rode it for 2 days without them and the stone fragments bent some of the fins. I stuck some long black AVG levers on they are the dogs dangglies over the stock. BUT the one upgrade that this bike needs is mirrors ! I took the mouse ears off and went for Moto Gadget Blades. No glass ! just highly polished aluminium..... just do it. Can send a pic if you want to see them on.

18. Hey bud, Yeh a photo would be great, Well that saves me a phone call about service book :):upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information