1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting A Little Excited

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by jack999s, May 29, 2019.

1. Which mode you running bud

2. Yes and yes. The test bike was the same and they are both a lot worse than my crossplane R1. If the service doesn't improve things then it will be Woolwich time.

3. Running track at the moment, didnt get a chance to try the other ones. Do they make a difference to the throttle response?

4. Ive had a play with the modes before the exhaust was installed and theres a noticeable difference, The throttle is defo a lot more sensitive between sport and race modes but bear in mind I was still running in so no mad revs

5. transition between off and on throttle is shocking if you are smooth. Trying to maintain a low speed through town hints a remap is needed. Its like a rabid dog pulling at its lead!

6. I've got the 2016 with the Akra and race map and find the fuelling smooth

7. I wonder of your euro 3 fuelling is different? God knows how it got euro 4 for 2017!!

8. I've just spent a few hours out on bike and a bit around town. The bikes fuelling is spot on. Bikes nice around town. Very smooth. Shes louder than I expected going by what people say. Hate to think what like they are with shorter can.

9. what map setting are you using? they are a bit motogp esq' :grinning:

10. Mostly track. Tried all 3 and find them all fine tbh. have to post a photo

20190810_121618.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. What I find more evident is the engine braking in the differing modes. Sport is the most intrusive.

12. I found after 900-1000 miles the throttle sensitivity bedded down somewhat... but I also have to concede that it could be the fact that you just pick up the teckers to hold her steady. Mind you that's the beauty of Cruise control though... I cant envision me buying a bike now without it.

13. Just done another 250 miles on the bike and love everything about it except.....the throttle sensitivity which is truly appalling.
    No matter what you do it's like riding a bull with an electric prod up its ar*e at low speeds.
    As soon as its had its first service it will be getting remapped as part of the problem is the fuel cut off with closed throttle and the transition when the throttle is opened a crack. I know that this is all part of the emissions trickery, but deary me it's bad.

14. I had the full system on from New, and suffered the same experience you are having, so that was with the map installed. All I can say ... for me at least, it settled down with time .... and now she's a pussycat. (well a Pussycat that will rip your face off)

#115 Ravenscry, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  15. I found mine a bit on and off with regards to the throttle when i first picked it up, no where near as smooth as the Panigale, I'm running mine on race with Akra slip on and race ECU with Gabro map, does seem to run better now, I reset the self learning parameters and also throttle and handle learning before I went out on it last time and it seems a lot better now.
    So maybe everything wanted resetiing after fitting the ECU

16. Resetting the parameters....tell me more please.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Well, had my throttle reset/learning thingy done by the dealer yesterday during its first service and the snatchy throttle at 3000 rpm is nearly gone. Much improved around town.
    And now its run in, mental out of town :imp:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information