1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Getting Rid Of The Cat

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by manxxl, May 2, 2018.

1. Glad to hear your happy with it I can't wait for mine to arrive. Think I'm going to soak my bolts in wd40 overnight.

2. Clean what thread you can still see with a wire brush to .... believe me they snapped with no effort at all !!

3. Throw the can of WD40 in the bin, it is a lubricant. Go buy a tin of plus gas, the stuff is amazing, it penetrates down the threads. When you put it on rusty bolts you can see the rust run off the threads. 20 times better than WD. The head stud dilema will probably not be due to any kind of corrosion. They just get tight with the heating & cooling over time. Bandits & many other bikes are terrible for this problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Same stud sheared on my 1200s , I welded a nut to the stud and came out easypeasy

5. Just for ref that’s mine 10223D1E-D14C-49B4-BF1D-BB82F01E3B47.jpeg

6. I went for a
    I went for a Leo Vince decat and exhaust on my 2012, the build quality is brilliant, looks and sounds great. It also came with a thingy madjigy that stops the warning light coming on.

7. Well I've fitted mivv suono and decat today but only run it workshop....Christ it's noisy. The baffle in it is non existent has anyone fitted a proper one.

8. Someone has fitted the baffle for a BMW gs as it bolts in the same and is quieter.

9. Well got this bad boy fitted and gave it a good 200ml run in the sun .bloody awesome !!!.

20180519_153126.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information