1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gifted With An Almost Free S4

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Francis, Mar 19, 2019.

?
  1. Sure, sounds like it payed off.

96.2%
  2. Not worth the trouble.

3.8%
  3. Dude, you're crazy...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. morning Frank

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hi Dave, welcome

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Welcome along Francis

4. Welcome Dave Francis, I reckon you've got a good deal, time will show you that. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. As promised.
    It's all the info I have, Louis Motorrad is a very well known chain of bike supplies. I'd recommend them, good prices and nice service.

1553103285115995152060.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Surely it’s gotta be Rodney Del?

7. And the main boss likes bins and pictures of them otherwise you ain’t coming in :D

Welcome into our mad house

• Like Like x 2
  8. It took me a minute to understand you were talking about actual bins aka trash cans :joy:
    Mine have a private place to be along with everyone else's from my building but I'll join the madness. I'll post one next time I go for a ride. Hopefully today. :D

Ps: I honestly thought it was some British slang for helmet.:bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Hi Frank. Great story. Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you
    When you are on an open road and getting a water temperature reading of about 70, what is your oil temperature showing??

11. Hey mate,
    The S4 doesn't have a water temp gauge, maybe a more recent model does, this one's a 2001. The oil temp however is quick to reach 50 celsius but take a while to reach 60 and never goes over 70. That's the cap atm, granted I've only rode in somewhat colder days, range from 2c -16c.
    We'll see how it behaves in the summer.

12. Brilliant made me chuckle :D

We like private bins too

13. Interesting. No wonder these bikes suffer from mayonnaise if the oil is staying that cool.
    Does your gauge actually have a probe that sits in the oil??

14. No need to bring @Exige into it....:p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. It doesn't actually dip into the oil (like a car dip stick would), when the pressure rises, the oil will touch a probe.
    If I go for a quick ride, the sump window does get some white streaks which resemble mayo but I've read it's normal with these bikes and it usually goes away once the engine reaches optimal temperature.

16. Pardon my ignorance, but isn't there an oil temperature gauge in the right hand lcd like there is on my 1000Sie? Or is that hopelessly inaccurate?

17. Oh sorry, it is water temp gauge on the water cooled bikes, oil temp on the air cooled bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gave £1000 for this S4, then sold the engine for more..

SS850034.JPG

19. Hey mate, the only stupid questions are the ones left unasked.

This S4 has no commodities whatsoever, the only technology that separates it from my other 2 bikes , both from 96, are ABS and electronic fuel injection. Apart from that, completely analogue, old school if you prefer.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wow!
    Completely OEM and full carbon fibre.
    How did it run?
    What did you do to the body?
    They're actually pretty rare in central Europe, you can find them at 5 or 6k.
    I've considered flipping bikes as an hobby because of this deal I made.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information