1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giorno/hello From Devon!!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by JammyDuc, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Welcome along Jammie

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ciao Tutti, thanks for the warm welcome!

Has anyone toured the museum

Forza Ducati

3. Hi.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oh yes. Moved to Exeter from Somerset last August. I have a Baines Imola but more often ride my Honda Africa Twin.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Is a Baines Imola rather like an MH replica??

6. Hope you’re enjoying Exeter

• Like Like x 1
  7. I think it's more like a paul smart, isn't it?

• Like Like x 2
  8. I'm in Bovey Tracey, so if anyone is up for a Devon meet up that'd be cool.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Sounds good to me :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah, rode there on my M600 a few years ago to make the pilgrimage. Very impressive factory tour and the museum was fab. Highly recommended and it costs bugger all too, but you do need to book.

11. I’d be up for that. I’m the North side of Exeter.

Anyone care to suggest a venue?

12. We're aiming to do it during our trip to mugello this year for the GP. Had an email from them saying don't need to book, but EVERYONE I've spoken to says we must. Does being a DOC GB make a difference, anyone know? Also, as this will be my first trip away on a bike, does anyone have any tips/links for 'touring'? How do people secure their bikes for long(er) trips/EU? TIA

13. I would be up for that!

14. If I could only give one too, it would be don't be too ambitious with daily milage. I'm not going to give you a figure as everyone rides at a different place and can put up with different levels of comfort.

However, IMHO the idea is to enjoy the journey, the places you are passing through and the people you meet along the way. If you insist on clocking up hundreds and hundreds of miles a day, I think you'll find yourself missing out and it will quickly cease to be enjoyable.

This is particularly applicable if you are camping I find, as smashing out the miles, finding a site, pitching up, cooking or finding food, then packing up and doing it all again without a break, can quickly become a drag I find.

However, I know others will feel differently and it's a personal thing, but that's my two penneth ;).

Oh, and pack light, then throw 50% of it away, as I guarantee you won''t wear it or use it :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. THANKS!! Really appreciate the time you took over that response, and that last bit I think is a motto I shall take with me!

#37 JammyDuc, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  16. Rather than hi-jack here, I’ll set-up another thread for this :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information