1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give Me Ideas!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, May 24, 2021.

1. Going back to Riders website, they have plenty of used bikes that interest me, like this Aprilia (at £4,995), but no cheap Ducatis.

If I don't get a KTM, or do and add something else, that IS a Ducati (I can look on Autotrader and other sites for private stuff) what are your suggestions? Forget Monsters (because my crash was on a Monster) and any modern stuff with a )( exhaust. And I already have a ST2 and a ST3. And the Hyperstrada as I am not a giraffe!

I don't wanna pay stupid money for a "classic", although I would love a single or any bevel.
    upload_2021-5-24_9-29-44.png

Buying a new, or nearly new, KTM and/or an Aprilia RS660 does seem to be my best solution.

2. [​IMG]

you need to get a custom dice marked up Perry (I tried to find a motorcycle one). You could even do "Best of 3" etc. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. That is where I am.

I'll keep an eye out but no rush. Well, the DVLA don't think that there is any rush.

I'll get the KTM and get my ST3 back on the road.

4. Or an Aprilia RS660. I'll need to have a look in person - which we should of done at Fowlups. the other day. I am angling for a mate to take me on another trip where I don't look at Kawasakis, but just Aprilia and KTM.

5. I'm leaving things and stop trying to make an armchair decision. I've got an Autotrader search going for bikes above 500cc, costing between 5 and 10k, dealer only (so that I can part-ex). Plenty comes up - mostly at Frasers, my local dealer, but it is sorted on distance, so local stuff first.

It's cleared my head because I'm not obsessed with KTM, although a fair few come up. I've learnt to ignore the advertisements that come up at the bottom of the page. Right now, it is a Panigale at Pidcocks fover 26k!
    upload_2021-5-26_10-37-2.png

6. The only trouble with my search is this shit comes up!
    upload_2021-5-26_10-41-41.png

7. But they do have Ducatis!!!
    upload_2021-5-26_10-44-12.png

8. And my Darmah was never this flash! I could go back to bevels!!! Searching through the used list is quite tough!!!!
    upload_2021-5-26_10-49-51.png

What is tempting is going back to no air filters, no cats and nobody giving a feck about emissions!

No monoshock, right way up front forks and a speedo cable!!! Tempting!

9. If you spit out my touring preference, then it gets very interesting!
    upload_2021-5-26_11-5-33.png
    It says that it is an import - but I've had imported stuff before (a Dutch GSXR750 with a left dipping headlight!)

10. Always wanted one. Definitely going used with whatever is about when the time comes!
    upload_2021-5-26_11-11-23.png

11. Got 2 wheels? Electric start? a bike you already owned and know it's Gremlins?

..Get this bike bought. :upyeah::upyeah:

12. The world is trying to steer you in ways unknown to you.:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. If I forget about flash suspension, as I've never had it before, or missed it, the standard KTM 890 and Aprilia RS660 are affordable brand new as my price range is (arbitrarily) £5 to 10k. That also opens up Ducati, with a used Supersport (not S), BMW (parallel twin), and used Triumph. I really don't know what I am going to get, now.

I think that I would prefer to spend less money for a standard model and then upgrade it myself if I get bored. I did fit an Ohlins rear shock to a GSXR750 that I had, once. I don't remember being blown away by it. I mat be a heathen, but a shock's a shock with me.

I've booked a driving lesson and then I will see what happens and what tricks the DVLA have up their sleeve for not returning my motorbike license.
    upload_2021-5-28_20-54-10.png

14. Could get a Pani but I don't like the look, with the way that the exhaust has that fairing cut away. Not a triumph of design IMO and that is supposed to be a Ducati strength.
    upload_2021-5-28_21-8-59.png

15. And the mad HP of Kawasakis (the only Jap bike that I would consider) still interests me!
    upload_2021-5-28_21-14-42.png

16. My mate has one of those in those colours, it’s a really good bike

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. The kwackkwack is the best of the retro’s from the front for me it looks exactly like the original, Kawasaki did an excellent job of re-booting the mighty Z.

18. I've decided that I am wasting everyone's time. And more importantly, mine, for I care not about squandering any other forum members' time!

Binned my Autotrader search, coz Autotrader is useless (for my purposes, as you have to pre-select a bike manufacturer or say, "Any".

What I will do is buy and part-ex at my local dealers, Frasers in Gloucester, or Fowlers and Riders in Bristol.

I have giving up saying that it must be this or that. When I can buy and see something that I like - irrespective of wheel size, or make, or country of origin, then I'll get it. The only qualification is that I must fancy it, for no other reason than I just will. I'll keep a price range of around 5- 10k but there may well be exceptions - like that MV seen here!

With those three dealers, I have all of the Jap stuff, plus Ducati, Aprilia, KTM, Husky, and Triumph (who I have gone right off). And Riders do Harley, but I am definitely not getting one (I hope)!

19. @PerryL used to be indecisive, but now he’s not so sure:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. But I am certain...... of something........ What was the question, again?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information