1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give Me Ideas!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, May 24, 2021.

1. Perry, block yourself from all motorbike ads, you’re torcherring yourself

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. And those that are reading his repetitive ramblings :confused:, gotten to the point of only reading everyone else’s replies.:joy:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I am just informing myself of my future options.

Of course, any of the specific bike will not be available, but it is likely that something similar will be.

What I was more interested in getting straight in my mind was options. I've don, e that, now. It will be either a new KTM Duke R, or new Aprilia RS660, or a used Ducati Supersport S less than £10k. The new KTM will be from Fowlers, with the Aprilia from Frasers. The used Ducati Supersport S or maybe a Multi, will be from any dealer within 50 miles who has one.

Final decision won't be until I have my driving license back - with the motorcycle categories restored - and I have bought biking gear and have my Ducatis back on the road.

True that I haven't looked at insurance but none will be worse that the bikes that I have. Yes, I will lose all of my NCB but I will not settle until this is covered by my claim. None of the bikes are going to be a significantly worse insurance group than what I have now. Being an old git means that insurance is not going to be a big factor.

4. :D:D:D They weren't for any of you, but for me!!! It's worked and I know what I am doing, now:)

5. It has been worthwhile ........ for me!!!

I know what I am doing, with a simple choice of three bikes and I know who will supply. Whilst I have tortured everyone else, it has been very useful for me!

6. Apologies for my gramma, torturing not torcherring! Don’t know what happened there

7. As I replied elsewhere, I wanted to get my options straight. Now that is done and I am clear about what I a going to do, I won't say anything more. Hopefully, the bastads in Swansea will restore my licence by the end of the year and so the choices will remain valid.

8. The only grammar that I worry about is "London Grammar" for they are BRILLIANT!

9. Yup, spelt Grammar wrong too but, I have had some beer and that’s is my excuse

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I thought they might be destined for great things a few years ago, but it seems I was wrong.

PS. How big is the s/arm?

11. And I am reassured that the crappy looking exhaust and cat can be dumped! Akrapovic have a solution! This confirms that the Ducati is at no.1 with a new KTM No. 2, and the Aprilia is at No.3.
    upload_2021-6-1_18-14-56.png

12. And taking the rear wheel off would sooooooo easy!!!

13. No sign of a London Bridge styled & sized s/arm on the Ducati!

14. This is true.....

15. AND... from my years with a Monster S4r, although it may be heavier, the SSA is sooo useful for easy wheel removal, cleaning and chain adjustment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Coming back to this again, after a night's sleep......

The Ducati wins it, definitely!

Order - second and third can swap, but I give not a feck!

1. Ducati Supersport S
    2. KTM 890 Duke R
    3. Aprilia RS660- and although I could change the exhaust (as the Ducati needs), I am not going to change the swinging arm!

17. And I've scrapped the budget for the Ducati! I may even buy new, possibly!

What are people's thoughts on ex-demonstrators? I've seen a few advertised, but dealers don't seem to want to mention that! On one hand, I wanted to avoid them, as they would never have been run in properly, but on the other hand, you can't really thrash a big bike on the road. And generally speaking, most people are not cnuts!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I had to go back to my surgery, today, for the nurse to check that my legs are doing well enough not to go back to the PIA bandages.

I told her of my decision to get another Ducati - my most important news of the week! "Aren't Ducatis very fast?", she said, with a look of horror and pity of her brain-damaged patient.

I told her that there would definitely not be any track days, as I can't afford any more injury. Well, I lied. If my Supersport can pass the Castle Combe sound check, then feck it! It will be tested out at Castle Combe!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. I have to say. I've been doing something similar to you and going round and round in circles in what to buy next, spending hours watching reviews on YouTube. I did that recently with the Triumph Scrambler 1200xe. So I booked a test ride on one and within 2 minutes, I thought to myself, this bike is a definite no.
    So whilst it's good to have a list of bikes to try, only a test ride will confirm, so that'll mean getting your license back first unfortunately.:(

Do Not Sell My Personal Information