1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give Me Ideas!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, May 24, 2021.

1. Aprilia brought out the RS660 to compete with the Ducati SuperSport. Anyway, I’d have thought the 660 Tuono would be the bike to have. Andy

2. Well, if Aprilia bought out the RS660 to compete with the Supersport then I would say that they've easily won.

Fowlers did have a600 Tuono right next to the RS660. I prefer the RS660 looks-wise and it is very slightly more powerful.

For me, it still comes down to a straight choice between the Kawasaki and the Aprilia. When I am riding again, I hope to test ride them both, back to back at Fowlers. I can, with honesty, say that I will buy one, definitely, and just need to see which one fits me best. If I can't get the ST3 running then that may get replaced, as well - with a Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX. That would be strange with no Italian bike in my garage for over 20 years! Hopefully the ST3 will come good!

3. Not been on for a while.....its funny as while i was never originally a kwak fan boy - i bought my first z1000 ( a gen1 ) from my neighbour as it "looked like a nice bike" (this was 12 odd years ago when i got back into bikes after a 15 year hiatus) - the gen1 was brilliant and never failed me, a few bikes later i bought the gen4 which after 6 years, getting used most days, through the winter, getting written off (damaged repairable) - its never not started ever, spares are cheap ( i know as i rebuilt it ) - theres a shed load of performance stuff available (the write off rebuild it got nitron tvt pro cartridges) - on the zed forum one enterprising lad slotted the gearbox from a versys straight in giving him much longer gears (long range in the usa), i like the ratios ive got but its nice to know that it can be done. Its dead simple to strip down, blissfully free of electronics, (mines a pre abs model). An sx will be a good tourer.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. As I learnt yesterday, looks on internet pictures can be deceptive. Unless you get down on you hands and knees, you never, ever see bikes from the angles shown in the photos. And I have spoken out too dismissively. The choice still is the Aprilia RS660, the Yamaha R7 (when it comes out), AND the Ducati Supersport ('S' or not). So when riding again, I'll try and test the Ducati as well. All will be a buy new and all won't be fecked around with. I might play around with whatever I get, but no buying on the basis of making any changes. I will just go on what fits me best and makes me happy

I learnt yesterday, that with the Aprilia, you hardly notice the size of the swinging arm and exhaust, yet in pictures, I can't stop staring at the fecking swinging arm! I am guessing that it will be the same with the Ducati. And anyway, I've done Italian bikes for years and see no reason to stop. I'll have the money, so why am I obsessing about saving money on the Kwak? Madness!

So, if the pandemic is called off next month, officially, then I will take a train ride to Worcester and visit the Ducati dealer there.

I have leant very recently, coz I like to complain often, that sometimes, I need to take control of my own destiny And not be TOLD all of the time. Taking control starts NOW!

That's it. Final Word. Anymore dicking about, then admins, please chuck me out!

Choice is the Aprilia RS660, the Yamaha R7 (when it comes out), AND the Ducati Supersport.

5. Somewhere or other (I can't find it now) I shared the news that my taxi driver couldn't pick me up from the station as he broke down, last Monday. The RAC guy never tried to fix it and just took it straight to Gloucester and the VW dealer. His cam belt had broke screwing up the tensioner, the water pump and goodness knows what else. Turns out the VW have agreed to pay for the whole fix. Can't say fairer than that.

6. Time to chuck me out. I've changed my mind already! Going on the basis that photographs are taken from a very low angle and don't really represent what the bike looks like to you at the angle that you see it (providing you resist the urge to get down on your knees) then another Ducati will be inspected when I visit Ducati Worcester. Although the V2 is over £15k new, I will be able to afford it - and with a clear conscience as I have been through the fecking mill!. After all, this is supposed to be my fun bike and this is fun!
    upload_2021-6-30_22-53-47.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. And it is nice going round and round in circles! I wasn't going to say anything here, coz it's boring and I just go in circles, but I had just written yet another email to a mate and I came back here and saw that I did post a pic of the V2

It is nice.

Now, that my strategy is worked out and whatever I get will just be for laughs - no touring, no luggage carrying, but just fun - and losing my license again!

So, it was going to be between the Aprilia RS660 and the Kawasaki ZX7, when it appears. The Aprilia is tiny and would make a shit tourer, but that would be fine as I ain't gonna tour on it. I guess that the Kawasaki is similar. I don't wanna tour on the Ducati, but it does look nice. So maybe it's a "fec-it!", I'll get the Ducati and get up to Worcester for a look. I am gonna stop being an Autotrader geek and not bother look at anything.

The Supersport was my original Ducati choice but feck, that exhaust is ugly. I don't wanna buy a bike based upon having to change the exhaust to relieve my eyes. The Pani V2, I can look at all day! Nothing needs doing and days can be spent terrorising the Welsh mountains. It would cheer up my garage having two red Ducatis in there!

8. And relieve the problem of death duties. SPEND ALL OF THE MONEY!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information