1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glastonbury - Bbc Get Something Right

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Expat Jack, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Something that you will all be riveted by: In the 60s, we had a family holiday in a house on the farm. He might of started the music thing but we didn't know anything about it. We had his donkeys in the field in front of the house. I may of had a donkey ride!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sounds so wrong

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. I never really liked the Manics, they just don't do it for me. They played V2000 but I watched James Brown instead.

I hadn't realised how many great bands played 1994, but then it was all a kinda blur the 90's for bands. I went to so many gigs and festivals in that decade.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I watched the Arthur Lee session last night,so many different bands & styles with plenty of sound tracks to keep us smiling forever young.

5. anyone on the Saturday night sesh? I see ColdPlay are up, whatever anyone's thoughts on the band it was good they mentioned Viola Beach from Cheshire. "A Tragedy" is an understatement. The band were due to play at the Star in Guildford the next day. I guess no-one will ever know what happened but something pretty erratic happened followed by an horrific death for all 5 in the vehicle.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. David Bowie right now

• Like Like x 3
  7. part seen Coldplay partner and I walked out after about 3 songs, great songs just for us live they were a no no. Same for when I saw Red Hot Chilli Peppers at Reading great on studio recordings utter garbage live for me.

8. Still cannot believe he is gone. My wife phoned me while I was on the way up north when his death was announced. I had to stop the car.

9. I watched it. I was disappointed. He was better as a recording artist rather than a live performer from that performance. :(

10. No, never even saw him. But the first record I bought was one of his.

• Like Like x 1
  11. The Laughing Gnome?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Watched Coldplay last night, simply brilliant! Going to look for the Killers and Florence and the Machine on iPlayer today

13. Ha ha ha, hee hee hee

• Like Like x 1
  14. Think both Killers appearances are in there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. you read my mind

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ah that’s a shame
    I quite enjoyed

17. Me i've the first cassette i think somewhere (i don't think it was in the CD format) from them,& quite like it....huge Bowie fan.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I really enjoyed watching David Bowie's full set last evening and I still feel upset that he's gone.
    He was such a cool performer but produced such a broad spectrum of music that still sounds fresh and valid today.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. I love his music. I even saw him live back in the Aladdin Sane era and I remember loving that gig. :upyeah:

I just found this Glasto set lacked stage presence :(

20. I agree but that was his way. When I saw him in 1990 at Milton Keynes, he just didn't engage with the fans and don't think he did an encore. Still a great performance though.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information