1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Going To Look At 748 Later -help

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by ducati749LT, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Due to the lack of pictures by the OP :thinkingface: Here are pictures of (some) of my chargers.

Optimate 4's for the lead acid batteries, CTEK Lithium XS chargers for the LiPo ones. :yum

IMG_2889.JPG

IMG_2888.JPG

IMG_6529.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. All.

3. Snap! Those Optimate ones are exactly the same as mine, saves me posting a pic:D

4. @Ducbird will want bins as well, don’t forget those. :)
    @ducati749LT just in case you haven’t guessed we all like pictures (of anything) it’s kind of an unwritten forum rule. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. :no_mouth:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. that is so bloody neat!

7. is anyone else worried that @ducati749LT is tied up in the van?
    He's gone very quiet....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Do you think we should alert the Feds? Perhaps he's been kidnapped and they've kept the money and the bike :scream:. Maybe he simply forgot to watch his own thread? Alternatively, IIRC, he said he was going on holiday so I presume he'll be back shortly.

9. Don't panic, it's only 14 hours since he was last seen. :eyes:;)

10. I thought you were away playing with your beam? :rolleyes:

11. It's too heavy and too higher lift :bucktooth: need scaffold towers o_O

12. Duh, cut it into smaller bits and lift them up seperately. Simples. :eyes:

13. You're joking, aren't you? o_O

The cables from the chargers to the bikes just hang like loose wires, and are so messy they keep me awake at night. :worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. You need a WiFi charger

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 4CD82DAD-5368-444B-AF77-5F9C6BCC9707.jpeg
    Patience chaps, just a lot on as going away tomorrow at 8am. I am still alive though and not kidknapped.

Yes I have the bike and got back at 2pm, actually I bought two. More about that later. It needs some tlc but I think it was a good buy for me. It needs a good clean up and thats the bit I can do, the spannering I can’t. Will update later or should I start a new “my ride thread”?

• Like Like x 4
  16. Good man.:upyeah:
    Change the mats, they're a give away to a previous life before you switched from the dark side.
    Please do tell us how you managed to buy 2 bikes, and yes, I'm jealous, 2 for the price of 1:)
    The spannering is easy. 12 months ago I couldn't, now I can, you can too with the help of this forum and some time. If you don't have the time, I'll do it for you:upyeah:. No strings.

Edit. Changed Spattering to Spannering - decking spell checker!

#38 West Cork Paul, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. C12C28FF-BD35-4050-9FF7-769C8846A2B4.jpeg Yep plenty to sort but no time before holiday tomorrow but will get a new mat and a trickle charger on order whilst I am away.

Bike has been stored for 10 years but started and run regularly but I am sure a few gremlins will come up.

Will need an overhaul to get it going, belts, service, tyres and brakes etc before I take it round the block. The tank will also need repainting as it’s blistered but I knew this before going for it.

Lots of paperwork so will write to the old owners as only 3 of them, you never know what you might get.

I need to give it a good clean first as it’s been in a lock up with lots of other stuff.

It was a bit like American pickers when we got there. The guy was retiring and wants to focus on his American cars he has so some of his bikes have to go, he had at least a dozen. We had a look around and he had all sorts. Bikes, cars, mini Moto’s, slot machines all sorts!

Anyway he had another little red bike I liked so I bought that too. My 11 year old daughter was with me so apparently it’s hers. I think it looks good with it’s big brother

• Like Like x 3
  18. That's cool. What is it? A mini moto or what? Either way, get her learning asap. Any help you need, you'll find it on this forum. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information