1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gold Rim Paint Code

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by jack999s, May 18, 2017.

1. This is the gk1 paint code I mentioned above topped with a high gloss lacquer, looks the same as my old wheels. the alloys above are speedlines which is a different paint.
    image.jpg
    image.jpeg

2. IMG_1457.JPG IMG_1463.JPG
    Not sure what they use on my cafe R but may be able to get the code more readily, it's a lot lighter though!

3. This looks good, Problem I have is I am going to be painting myself, Miles from anywhere that would be interested in helping out with something like this, Just to add would I be best using a black acid etch primer when painting over the unmarked finish of my forged wheels(there certainly not getting stripped back) should get paint no problem now with that code, Thanks to everyone, This thread has been interesting and helping a few out no doubt, Happy days[/QUOTE]

#23 jack999s, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. IMG_3887.JPG Mine were painted by Pro Twins (for the previous owner) or rather they may have sent them off to be painted. I'm sure they will know the code or name. It's not the Palini colour that's on the 1098R, that is a more of a champagne gold. Gold is very difficult colour to get right, some shades look better than others and it's hard to foresee what the finished job will look like and whether you'll be happy with it. Here's a few of mine. I really like it, not too silver and not to orange.
    IMG_3884.JPG
    IMG_3888.JPG
    IMG_3889.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  5. They look lovely, looks very similar to what ours are. Also agree with gold being a very difficult colour to get right. I've seen many variations of gold wheels on many different makes and models of bikes but only a slack handful that have actually grabbed my attention and I've really liked...

6. This is the gold wheels finish I like. It's a powder coating.

FPS 1 7-10-15.jpg

FPS 3 7-10-15.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information