1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gold Wheels

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Ryan, Feb 5, 2018.

1. The tank was a 1199 tank painted as a r rep,i never ran the bike with that tank as i did not like the look and you are correct it is a 1199 subframe so the tank mounts correctly,imo well worth the swap as the 899/959 subframe is so heavy :upyeah:

2. Anyone have pics of the Marchesini M10R gold?

3. I'll have mine hopefully in the next few days... @Nelson
    The kompe not magnesium

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I'm not a fan of gold wheels at all. I can just tolerate the oem champagne, but not the anodized blingers! I'm after some Marchesini M10Rs and the gold seems more ready available.

5. thanks everyone for the input and the examples.
    I think you guys are right i have had issues with powder coating in the past.
    I think painting is they best option with a touch up pen for tyre replacement damage and nicks out of the paint.

Loads of nice shades i suppose i will just have to give the painter ideas of what i am looking for and he can judge it from there.

6. I found this. I can't guarantee it's correct but worth checking out.

Ducati Racing Gold Metallic' code is: Palini 928 D353

7. I don't unfortunately mate... I did try and get some kind of reference to assist others before on this topic and to help me get a touch up pot made up, however the painter mixes each batch by eye.

Wish I had known this before I got mine done to request a touch up made up for it as I picked up a small touch up on the first ride out after having them done... Lesson learnt with Mrs M's and had one made up at the time though.

I managed to get a close enough match for mine at a local paint suppliers but it's by no means a perfect match.

8. Old thread revival :astonished:

Anyone in the Northwest area used a paint shop or powder coater to change the OEM wheel colour to gold and recommend someone?

9. THese are mine just finished in Yamaha Oro Gold, very close match to the old Desmo gold..

Duc gold2.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  10. If you're anywhere near the Manchester area, try Andy at Cheadle Motor Body Bikes 0161 428 5722 - not far from Manchester Airport - He's done stunningly good work for several of my pals with classic race Ducatis and he recently worked his magic for me by repairing a deeply scratched tank and doing a partial respray so good that the closest examination can't detect the repair, or respray - incredible work!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gold wheels :heart_eyes:

ECD1598D-38A8-4DDA-9CB4-9C7CF7145753.jpeg

244FF8A3-5B17-4830-8C7E-33298E4ED73E.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  12. Appreciate the recommendation and sounds good.

Did they paint or powder coat the wheels?

13. Thanks buddy
    Painted by Terry at Racepaint UK (Eastwood Notts)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nice one always good to have a first hand recommendation.

You had the tyres changed yet? Just wondering how durable the paint is?

If you don't mind me asking what are the costs involved?

15. Paints durable. Had both front and rear changed. Terry painted my track bike wheels also. They’ve had tyres changed too
    £200

61B1AA10-624A-4A28-A0E2-08730797DA3B.jpeg

6921EB34-046B-44AB-B42F-546630A63AAB.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  16. Look superb. Do you know the paint code? they used?

17. For the gold I’m sure it was Honda Oro
    The blue was Dogde viper blue.
    he painted the RRV in black. I sent it through the gravel at Donington. He repaired and painted, spot on job.
    The work I’ve seen in his unit is awesome.
    He painted the spoiler on my van also.

D9CEE2ED-8E03-4868-B89C-20F2765DB463.jpeg

3FE762BE-A5ED-409C-825B-CB6A680E0E08.jpeg

2084CEAD-BDC7-4BE8-858B-71AAE89484C5.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information