1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Golf Gti

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by panigale66, Jan 5, 2020.

1. If they were still made I would have another Nissan 200SX Touring 14A......

2. We've a DSG on a Tiguan, had the DSG and Haldex done at main dealer for under £200. It's literally the only time I thought anything at a VW dealer was reasonably priced!

3. In my quest for a 7 seater, test drove a VW Sharon(?) along the M4. The AC broke and the fan wouldn't work. It was sweltering and the only way to get some air in the car was driving with all of the windows wide open - at 70 on the M4 so pretty noisy. When I returned the car, I said that I thought that it was shit as the ac is broken. I was told to not be so ungrateful as I had been allowed a test drive - a rare privilege, apparently. If they are that bad, then I was not surprised to learn that not many people got test drives!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I’m the same with BMW’s

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Vw's are over priced, over rated, driven by hippies. I fix more vw's at work than any other car.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Christ, Audi, BMW, VW.... all getting a right old slating here.
    Fuck it, I’ll just have to stick with 911 turbo’s. It’s not easy...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Off course you do that is because there are a lot more vw driving around then another brand.:D

Henk!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. It seems like it is one off those questions where you gonna have lovers and haters.
    I never had something else in my life then a vw.
    I have a friend who has a garage and the cars he had to go pick up the most are BMW,Audi,mercedes
    All the high end cars.
    I saw 4 bmw’s there who caught fire...

Buy yourself a GTI you will not regret it.
    Another good option,performance wise is a hyundai N30.

Henk!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Octavia VRS, same as VW but cheaper - why pay the premium?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ended up with a 125D M-sport AEEC8680-0187-4E85-BE6D-7459B5878C20.png

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ooohh man, no GTI.i feel sorry for you.
    Well done looks like a nice car.

Henk!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. VW are the masters when it comes to passing emission tests !!

:eek::):D

13. Just a quick question @cookster
    I have a 13 plate caddy I use for work, intermittently it revs at 1000rpm at tick over. Sometimes it’ll tick over at the usual 800rpm then as you’re sitting at the lights it’ll increase to 1000 again
    My garage can’t find the fault, have you come across anything similar?

14. Id check air leak or vacuum pipes first matey

Do Not Sell My Personal Information