1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gone Awol....update

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Arquebus, Oct 16, 2020.

1. there seems to be high degree of inability to perform in a lot of professions today Viv good you knew what to do . :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thanks.....Harley was sold three weeks ago though.

3. And another.......

ROUND BLACK f copy.jpg

4. Last one.......

ROUND WHITE f copy.jpg

5. Elliptical shape the best imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Just duplicating the first one on previous page.....

OVAL BLACK f copy.jpg

7. Carbon749 got the original ones printed and distributed.......not sure if he would want to do that again.....however, they did look pretty damn good.

I haven't got the time.......and maybe if anyone wants to alter the designs, I won't be offended.

What I think may have to be done is break down each one into their individual layers, which I did with the original ones......I don't have the time for that at the moment, either.

#89 Arquebus, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. UPDATE!

Well, after finally being told that they cannot remove a large part of my anatomy in a six hour operation under general anesthetic because of my respiratory condition; I am now still in a very awkward situation.

After a major attack of pneumonia and a COPD exacerbation in 2017, my GPs then advised me to avoid community borne infections particularly during the winter months.

Not only that, the weather or the atmospheric pressure randomly affects my respiratory conditions (COPD and asthma) so I don't know from one day to the next how I will be.....in fact it can even change within an hour on any day at any time.

So given the medical team have decided to treat the Grade 3 (most aggresive and potentially invasive) cancer with another course of 'chemo', they want me to start the treatment as soon as possible....this means a trip into the hospital for a dose once a week for six weeks; then a three month break and then an internal examination followed by another dose of 'chemo' once a week for three weeks, which will be repeated throughout a year.....assuming it is working.

But this would mean going to hospital in probably bad and cold weather which is risky enough, but with Covid-19 floating around as well.

Regretfully, I'm a not a lion tamer, so I don't think I would be daft enough to get into the lion's cage.........
    .......and then stick my head in his bloody mouth.

I am almost resigned to the probability of either the cancer or the virus is going to get me.....I'm banking on the fact that the virus would do me in quicker because I don't have much chance of surviving that, whereas the cancer (and the 'chemo' should give me a 30% chance of survival) may take longer.

Footnote: Apparently I may not be able to have the Covid-19 vaccine either, as my immuno-system is somewhat compromised.

#91 Arquebus, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    • Love You Love You x 7
  9. Good Luck Alan.

10. I thought they had come up with a solution for at risk people who wouldn't be able to cope with the full fat vaccine?

11. This is all crap news! But you are doing me good! After emailing my sol to say that I'm giving up with DVLA and after having about 3 hours sleep, more this morning as none last night and thinking how crap life is, you have put it in perspective. The only medical advice that I can offer is to get up at 3am and neck four paracetamol, so I am no help!

Keep fighting!

12. Thanks Chris

It may work but it is still being trialled so I'm told

It's worn me down quite badly....I guess you know how it feels.

Anyway, I can't see me being able to ride a bike for some time if at all (the 'chemo' messes me up for about three weeks each time, then a week to feel a bit better and then it starts again) so the bike has gone (so I have given up the idea of getting another).

Probably the riding gear will be the next to go....possibly tools as well......in fact I am looking around in the workshop and house to see what else can go and I doubt I will be shooting anymore either.

13. All the best.

14. That's a lot of pretty crap news. But it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings and last I heard there wasn't one in sight, besides which we will all stand in the way and block the door.

Stay tough mate.

#97 Jez900ie, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. You can read - as I am trying to do more of. You can read all of the Ducati books and become a renowned expert!

Maybe we should start a Ducati reading list!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Not good news Al, best of luck matey
    :beer::beer::beer:

17. Sorry to hear that and sorry to read about your latest situation.

Best of luck though Al.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information