1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gone To The Dark Side...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by CINNABULL, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Well today I said goodbye to my Diavel and Hello to a 17 plate s1000rr sport.

Frikin 'ell they are fast, VERY FAST. Different type of fast to the Diavel, it just never stops accelerating, more of a top end rush after 8thou. I will of course miss the Duc, but you know what, even though I loved the noise the unbaffled termis made, I didn't miss it coming home, lot more peaceful. Any why isn't EVERY bike fitted with a quickshifter I want to know.. first one I've had and they are bloody marvellous.

Good news (I hope) is I'll still pop in here and if ET and Bettes are up for N Wales soon, just include me, speak soon

Stuart

• Like Like x 7
  2. I recently went to the dark side, well, the Orange side, so be prepared for stick from Hell's Teeth....:D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stu, I did want to do north wales this Sunday as I don’t have any time restrictions as SWMBO is away from tomorrow for a week, but Ian can’t get out beyond midday because he has to work Sunday afternoon.

You could come over this way if you fancy it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Enjoy!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Traitor !!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Great bikes. I recently borrowed my mates to go to the NW200 in Portrush. Pulled hard in 6th from low speeds. Great engine. One thing I liked was the fact you can just flick the clutch out from a standstill and it doesn't stall! A bit gimmicky but I liked it. And yes, the QS seemed nicely set up.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Haha, thanks all, even Ducbird !!

ET, unfortunately I have to take my chief financial officer out Sunday as a 'thank you' for letting me have this new toy. And I'm filming later today so that's stuffed. We will deffo do the Wales run soon though, I for one cant wait.

I'll get a few pics up over the next few days, but basically its a standard bike in Slate Grey. I doubt I'll be adding much to it tbh, but hey, who knows.

I will have a couple of Diavel/Ducati related bits to sell soon though if anyone is interested, paddock stand, termi baffles, seat cowl and poss my Meccanica jacket...

Stuart

8. Quick shifters rule.

Wait till you ride a bike without one, you'll be wondering why it's not changing up as you bounce off the rev limiter.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I got an R at the beginning of the year as my daily ride, i think it may be the best bike i have ever owned, just does it all, and deceptively fast. That's almost the problem. On the 1198 you know you are belting along by the noise and experience, this you can cruise at over 100mph (on a private road of course) and it feels pedestrian (which i know earns it it's soulless moniker).

And yet i've never really liked BMW's previously, 2 wheels or 4.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah Pavey like you say, its a different type of fast. More relaxing deffo, but jeez I know I'm gonna have to watch that speedo.

The guy from Motorrad who took my Diavel away to get their mechanics to remove my trickle charger connection came back with it and said that's the loudest bike he'd been on. I just laughed and said you get used to it. Tell you what though, I got well used to NOT listening to it on the ride home !!!

Stuart

• Like Like x 1
  11. Always nice to change the equipment and experiment with new stuff,have fun:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  12. You forgot ya bins too :)

I do like the s1000rr don’t tell anyone
    ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Keep in touch Stu, and we will sort out some rides!

Obviously there is no need to leave the forum.........we welcome everyone, even if they ride KTMs ;)

• Agree Agree x 2

14. No probs ET, we'll be out soon enough don't worry. Hey and guess what, me mate Phil now wants to chop his Diavel Carbon in for one as well !!

Heres a couple of quick snaps of me new ride,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stuart

• Like Like x 9
  15. First thing i did on my R was get the cat off, that thing is an unbelievable weight. Bike looks great though Stuart, have fun (and be careful!).

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cheers Pavey

I am not good enough of a rider to notice the difference any weight saving may make tbh. This thing will outperform me all day long. However, it is one fugly piece of metal tbh. Which system did you go for, did it alter the performance, produce more noise, or is any warranty affected, pics ??

Stuart

17. @CINNABULL how do you find the bars and pegs?? I test rode one last year and the vibration was horrendous! Had to take it back after an hour of riding.

18. The right (throttle) has a slight vibration, however I have only used it with thin summer gloves tbh. Its not enough for me personally to reject the bike, but its deffo there. I wonder if thicker gloves or bar weights may sort it, dunno. Nothing from the pegs. Maybe individual bikes, who knows. Mind you, coming from a Diavel its like silk !!

Stuart

• Like Like x 1
  19. Just spotted this slip on on ebay for £119 ono. Now that looks interesting !!
    Stuart DC2B19DE-2646-4629-A7A5-CBF0DB333095.png

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information