1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gone To The Dark Side...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by CINNABULL, Jun 22, 2018.

1. That looks terrible mate don't do it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Really? I guess its subjective really. I think the standard silencer looks way too big, and the Cat fitted to the 17+ bikes is goddamn awful imo. I don't really want to do a full decat due to cost and not really getting any great benefits that I'd notice anyways, this just looked like a cheap option. Exactly that I suppose, cheap. I'll stick with standard for now me thinks !!

Stuart

3. Get a nice arrow or akro system

4. I guess I'm in the light AND in the dark. I wrecked my Diavel in Feb of last year but replaced it with a 2016 Multistrada 1200S. I had already purchased a 2016 S1000XR. The S1K just a badass rush! It spins up fast and runs like a scalded cat!. I put a set of Akrapovic headers ( you WILL notice the performance and that stock CAT & exhaust is an abomination. I kept the stock slup-on (mostly because of $) and it's still a decent "quietness" or "growl" in sport mode.
    I went for a 200 mile ride yesterday and I didn't use that clutch lever except at stops. Over the BMW electronics so much I bought a K1600GTL.......

I really enjoy all my toys but that S1000 put a permanent grin on my face.

Cheers & safe riding

• Like Like x 2
  5. My mates RaceFit exhaust looks, and sounds great on his beemer. Quickshifter makes a crack like thunder when I’m following him.

• Like Like x 1
  6. From what I'm reading the S1000RR from 2017 has to be fitted with a Euro 4 Exhaust as standard. That's what that oversized haggis looking thing is just to the rear of the bellypan. Why they couldn't have 'hidden' it a bit more with the lower fairing is anyones guess.

I assume the haggis has to stay, so any end can, slip on or whatever has to be attached to that. Obviously a full system can do away with it, but I for one wont be going down that route. I don't mind a bit more noise, but I aint going back to Termi volumes !!

Stuart

7. Mine is the original Akra slip on that came with it, and a set of headers made by Power Flow that does away with the cat. You can make it out in this picture.

It's very loud, and that's with ear plugs on. People move out of the way while i am filtering, which is good. And it pops/cracks when i change gear, manually or with the QS.

IMG_1096.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. That pop/crack on my mates had me looking down at what had obviously gone catastrophically wrong with my bike as it really snaps and sounds like it’s coming from behind you when you’re right up the Beemer’s arse :joy:

• Like Like x 2
  9. The Akrapovic and Stock Slip on. I like the shorter look of the Aka slip on but those $$$$ ( or pounds, etc.) certainly add up.

14 Apr Exhaust.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  10. If you want a bit of noise get rid of the cat, my track bike is a 2010 and you wouldn't believe how restrictive the cat is

IMG_20180125_115610.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. I dont mind a bit of extra noise but I aint going back to the Termis level if you know what I mean. That was ridiculous (but nice). I’m over that now. I will more than likely stick with the standard set up tbh as I simply wont be able to take advantage of any performance gains. According to BMW you would have to spend a lot to gain a little, and I can think of better things to spend me cash on at the mo.

Stuart

• Like Like x 1
  12. I was lucky with mine as i got the headers off the S1000R forum for £200. I also thought it sounded pretty good standard too, and when i first fired it up without that cat did think i had made a bit of a mistake, as it lost some of the elegance of the bike, and turned it into a bit of a hooligan sounding machine. I've grown to love it now though, and do feels it helps with people knowing i am near.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah I totally get the people hear you coming thing. My main riding mate also has a Diavel with the Termis and when we are out together cars get out of the way well in advance.

We’ll see how it goes over the next few months, if I do change owt it will only be a slip on I think though.

Stuart

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. When I decatted mine and fitted a full AR system it made less power than the standard.
    Full arrow system was the best way to go I found , twas a 2011 bike though

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. If there is no new streetfighter then it Tuono Factory for me this winter

16. Well here ya go guys, first goody bit put on today. A Pro Race Carbon slip-on. Way smaller than the kerbstone sized standard silencer, a tad noisier but not overly so, and possibly a tenth of the weight. Looks a lot nicer me thinks.

[​IMG]

Stuart

• Like Like x 3
  17. Too short for my taste (but not my bike ;) ) prefer the longer Akros I've seen like Pavey's above

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Full Slovenian FTW :D

F8E1C0D8-C566-438C-AD1B-6CEC65BBDD4B.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  19. Mine is actually pretty short compared to the stock Euro 5 ones, they look like a rocket launcher, and much thicker (in height) too.

Your bike looks great @CINNABULL, love the colour scheme.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information