1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Advice Cleaning Exhaust Pipes

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Boukekoppejan, Sep 1, 2018.

1. hi Guys,

I’am looking for Some good advice to cleaning the exhaust pipes from my termignoni system. What is a good way to clean this? Is Scottish-brite a good thing? I want to have it almost like new if possible and How to stay it as new

19DA7874-C319-406F-B046-C56F64093E51.jpeg

Thank you in advance!

• Agree Agree x 1

2. Interessting topic to read Do you still have the bike? You polish your exhaust in 2016 How does it look right now? Still shiny or?

Other question How many torque does your bike have? Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yep, still have it. Pipes are as good as new after 3 years. I think I've only done about 1,000 miles on it and it's never seen rain though. :)

Pic opportunity. :innocent:

IMG_5896.JPG

IMG_63841.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  4. Has it got the correct fuel in it ??

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. I use diesel in this one, just to slow it down a little. :motorcycleduc: :bomb: o_O

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3

6. Bins!!!!!! You know the rules :mad::punch:

7. Those pics were pre bin rule. :innocent:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scottish brite on an orbital palm sander will bring up like new in no time (if you fancy a mat finish). For mirror polishing, wet & dry up to 1200 grit and autosol.
    Polished loads of exhausts over the years but I personally prefer the satin finish. If I wanted a mirror finish i’d just take them to get polished as it’s miles cheaper time wise.

9. That’s one of the best looking Ducati’s! :cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Looks Nice indeed i was thinking about poader coating but this looks great!

11. I havent tried it, but I was talking to some one with sparkling stainless exhausts who swears by harpic, yes the loo cleaner, he says just apply it with a brush leave it a few minutes rinse off.

I will give it a go and see how it works.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. How about the anodised cans? Anyone got any tips for reconditioning these? When they’re scratched etc.

13. How does anyone find this out in the first place?

14. That sir is bloody goooorjus.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. How did the first man discover that cows give milk?!

16. very good question.

17. 20180827_150101.jpg Had mine cerakoted black....holding up well so far....

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information