1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Riddance 2020

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Sam1199, Jan 1, 2021.

1. That's very kind of you.

And I give thanks on a daily basis that she's being spared this awfulness, although she was a very recourseful girl and would have made the best of it if she hadn't been ill. She did manage to pass on some of her practical skills over the many years we were together and I give daily thanks for that as well.

I hope your luck holds and that you have a happy ending.

Cheers mate

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sam what can anyone say after reading your 2020 story
    You are both such an inspiration really pleased to hear that Mrs Sam is on the mend
    My year now doesn't seem to bad here's my story
    It all started for me in 2019 my wife left her job of 10 years as working nights was starting to take its toll
    My work was going ok so we agreed she would take a few months off then in the new year find a new job
    Then covid hit and there's been not many jobs around for her ,I got put on -20% of my salary plus I lost all overtime time we both found it tough but had enough money to pay the bills and put food on the table but still very lucky to have a job as my company i work for in June 2020 started to make redundancies and we still have more to come this year
    To top our year off my wife has started to suffer from depression she has been struggling not seeing anyone and not going anywhere we have also had family issues (sisters not talking mums getting involved but that's another story)I'm still working and I think this has helped me get through this I have been working throughout this pamademic although I have now had my wages reduced permanently to help the company survive this or so we have been told......
    My wife seems to be getting better but we have still a long way to go
    My hats of to you Sam for dealing with your wife's issues and still laughing my wife and I need to laugh more
    Reading your 2020 has definitely helped me to appreciate what I have so thankyou

• Love You Love You x 1
  3. Well I’m very glad it’s helped. I don’t think any of us really appreciate what we’ve got (usually) until it’s too late and I firmly include myself in that category.

I can’t say it was my intention but I’m very glad and a little surprised that it helps others. Then again it’s always helpful to know others are in a similar of not the same boat.

I wrote it down;
    A. To get it off my chest,
    B. I thought it was the most bizarre year.

I don’t think the bizarre is over for any of us yet but hopefully, as I’ve said before, come the spring things will start to get better for everyone.

You’ve obviously got your head screwed on, so my best wishes to you and your wife. We’ll get through this and pretty soon we’ll all be riding motorbikes again even if it currently feels like we’ve got no paddle and very brown hands.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sam
    Thanks for your kind words
    Would love to meet up at some point after all this shit is over where do you live i live in the Woking area
    Steve

5. Chiswick....easy.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information