1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye, Quiting Riding. :(

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Claude G., Apr 12, 2018.

1. Glad your ok. Understand the decision.
    Get well soon.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Can fully understand your decision, get well as quick as possible, down the line you might want to return to two wheels in some shape or form, on or off road, whatever you do be happy and healthy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sorry to hear of your accident and injuries. Hope all on here can help with your recovery.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fucking hell mate, get well soon. Glad you're on the mend.

I packed in road riding 8 years ago because I'd decided it was too dangerous. I'd had plenty of warnings- a few crashes (that could quite easily have gone horribly wrong) and more 'moments' than I care to remember.

I love superbikes. They have virtually no practical use but they're exciting. Once I'd done a few track days that was it. The pleasure I got from road riding felt diluted. I've stuck to track days ever since and I've never had the slightest desire to go back on the road. Too much traffic, too many cameras, too many hazards!

Maybe when you've recovered have a bash at track days?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sorry to hear of the crash, but happy to hear you are on the mend. Kudos to Mrs G for being there for you. I wish as pain and hassle free a recovery as possible.

Mend well,

Pete

• Like Like x 2
  6. Good luck Claude.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hope youre on the mend. If some sort of accident stopped me riding for whatever reason....id build...id get something i like (but in really bad condition) strip the thing to pieces and then build it. I think no matter what id have to have a bike/bikes in my life in some shape way or form...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Claude, you lucky boy! You've been born again and have won that lottery of a life ahead of you, do what makes you both truly happy.

My best wishes for a full, painless, recovery.

Be well

• Like Like x 4
  9. Both my brother and I had the same thoughts and made similar undertakings to our wives....
    Andrew now has 4 mopeds, a Husky NOX and a 250cc Honda Green Lane machine...
    I've a collection of Dukes.....
    Andrew is coping with a partial missing leg, rest mangled and he's 95% deaf due to infection during recovery. I've got knackered arms and reduced lung capacity.
    Things change... have a rapid and complete recovery :upyeah:.
    My wife said to me
    "Something is going to kill you, it may as well be something you enjoy doing"

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. dude you cant go, we haven't found wally on exiges thread yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sorry to hear your news. Best wishes with future

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shocking news and I hope you make a full recovery buddy. I can totally understand and respect your decision. Good luck for the future.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Speedy recovery my friend:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Claude, speedy recovery and hope you get 100% back to where you were physically, life is a wonderful thing with many things to do, see and experience, biking is one of those and you have done that, so use that time, passion, money and energy to go do even more ....... don't be a stranger.

• Like Like x 2
  15. All the best, maybe just get a really low budget track bike and do a few trackdays only just to keep your love of bikes alive and re-address the safety aspect. Either way, all the best for the recovery.

• Like Like x 1
  16. :( all the best !! Xx

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ouch, glad you're still around mate and hope the recovery is strong.

• Like Like x 1
  18. All of the above in spades. Main thing is your on the road to recovery now.

Stuart

• Like Like x 1
  19. Good luck with recovery, dont be a stranger and never say never. ;)

Btw, my best mate (and best man) had a real nasty off two years back. Anything to try and avoid best man duties!! lucky guy though. After 1st thinking he was dead, just on the point of checking for a pulse he gasped for air. The rest, air ambulance etc history. Long story short he had a cracked spine in two places, serious concussion and facial injury. Full recovery (memory) took just over a year. He is still not right in the head, but then he wasnt before hand o_O
    He is back on a bike since about six months back. What a complete pain in the arse he was when in denial!! And, all of the 'safe' things he was going to do? Flying, gliding, hang gliding...a pattern emerges eh?

Good luck fella.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Someone I know came back from a pretty serious smash some years ago. He was determined to get himself fit and back on a bike. Obsessed with it, to be honest.

The obsession cost him his marriage. His wife at the time started to treat him as a dead man walking.

If you choose to go back to riding one day, be mindful of the effect it will have on family. Some family will be understanding of your decision but there's a chance that some won't. Be aware of the cost of your decision.

That's long term stuff and you may never have to worry about it. In the meantime, get better and don't let any doctors tell you "No, you won't be able to do THAT any more!" ... cos they're wrong.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information