1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Goodies Inbound!!! Winter Weight Reduction Starts Here..

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Dave dunlop, Oct 18, 2018.

1. A job I’ve been meaning to get round to for ages. Will do it over the winter on the panigale and the monster too

Did you leave the non return valve plugged in? I think a warning light comes on if it’s removed?

2. Totally satisfying knowing it's shedding some much needed weight! and using some good quality anti seize grease is a must with Ti into alloy... when I think back in the day when I purchased my Suzuki GSXR1000K5 in 2005 and how light that bike felt out the box! And it was....13 years ago and now look at motorbikes now! It's no wonder why they seem to need 200bhp! .... most now weight 200kgs plus!....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I've left the return valve connected but would really like to get rid of the lot. Tried to research that part of it but couldn't find anything. I have removed a similar system off my Fireblade and removed valve and wiring with no fault light coming up at all....

4. Yeah I did the same to my blade and also removed the air tube flaps etc which made it runucb better.

I’ll just leave the valve connected too. There will be a resistor you could plug in I bet or I might ask the dealer if they can remove the fault code

5. Yeah I removed flaps, valves pipework and wiring on the Blade with no warning lights. Would be nice to find out if the same applies to the Duke... realistically it's just sat doing nothing now and just added weight. I've not looked yet but is there any similar airbox flap system on the 959?

6. No there’s nothing on the panigale just the flap in the exhaust for noise restriction at low rpm

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Removed the charcoal canister today

I just left the purge valve plugged in and blanked off the hose coming from it with the bolt and reused the clamp. For the overflow I just got a T piece from Halfords and connected it to the tank overflow tube at the front of the bike

Ducati Coventry sell a delete kit (made by BSD I think) but it’s £65 so just left the valve and tied it out of the way

• Like Like x 1
  8. I wonder if the BSD kit eliminates the valve and wiring? Interesting as that's just sat doing nothing now. Mine won't be run up and used now till next year so let me know if any potential running problems...can't see anything being an issue.

9. I won’t be running it till next year either

I phoned Ducati Coventry and it’s just a plug that makes the bike think the valve is still connected.

Even BSD said to just leave the valve fitted it won’t effect anything

10. Awesome! Mate

11. image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wow, that's a lot of bucks to spend on a 959.
    I spent a lot myself on my 959 just a few months ago only to trade it in this week.
    My foresight sucks.

13. All makes perfect sense to me....The 959 has way plenty usable power as a road or track bike. Just needed a little help along the way....

14. IMG_3733.JPG IMG_3734.JPG IMG_3736.JPG IMG_3737.JPG IMG_3738.JPG IMG_3729.JPG IMG_3730.JPG IMG_3731.JPG IMG_3732.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  15. It's a fun bike for sure and not just on the track. Plenty fast and gorgeous too.
    I'm going to miss mine comes the spring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Top project. Be interesting to see how much the bike weighs when finished and how it improves the ride. Less weight is always good.

#36 duke63, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. This lot arrived a few days ago and just in the process of fitting up.... its been a mission I can say....bonded some new zippy blocks on the inside to carry wiring harnesses so far around 12 hours to mock up and make some adjustments to both Subframe, Heatshield and fixings, including making up a new wiring harness .... Enjoy

IMG_3741.JPG IMG_3742.JPG IMG_3743.JPG IMG_3744.JPG IMG_3745.JPG IMG_3746.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. Power to weight..... just buy the 1299 and have more power to weight

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. hahaha
    where is the fun in that?

20. Love the fullsix subframe! Always been tempted but then never committed

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information