1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gopro Newbie Thread

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by West Cork Paul, Jun 5, 2020.

1. I used my GoPro today in time-lapse mode for a bit of first-time parts removal. Just set it up and it sits there recording images that you can play back as a movie and also view every image. Useful.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. I use a Drift camera with a remote control on the bars. The feature I really like is that it will record constantly on a loop and you just hit a save button on the remote when something interesting happens. This saves the previous 30” and the next 30” so you get lots of short clips which are easier to edit. I get about 2.5-3grs filming on one battery and just swap them over at lunch.

I wish the GoPro had something similar.

It’s also a pain to be riding along and see a fantastic view or corner and realise the camera isn’t recording.

The key to good video is in the edit, multiple viewpoints, short edits and good music. It’s why a multiple camera set up works best. But hard to control!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Today I’m experimenting with using a separate sound recorder to capture the sound. I’ve also mounted the camera a little higher than I had been having it, although it wobbles a fair bit on the bikini fairing. Tomorrow I’ll be removing the GoPro audio files and then trying to sync the separately recorded one - should be interesting :confused:
    072BE233-326C-4C2D-B705-560ECBAF5A41.jpeg 88DAFDBE-A6BD-4675-86D0-55EEA51BC159.jpeg 28AF5E61-6175-4849-81B6-99BA18148A43.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kids got me a Hero 9 for a present. I hope I can work it. Will read this thread from the start.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Outrageous I know but there will be instructions how how to operate such things, unbox and read will be an excellent start.;)

C’mon EP we do it, unbox thinking we know exactly how it works then when it doesn’t gets thrown in the deep draw of doom.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I am actually a man!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thats not what Adv reckons......

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I’m still watching you lot :eyes:.
    I’ve filmed loads of stuff now, most of it mediocre:(, there’s a lot more to it than just firing up the camera. It also becomes an expensive hobby pretty quickly with all the other bits & pieces you ‘need’ to buy:confused:. I’ve now got to buy a new iMac because my whizz bang state of the art 27” iMac from 2010 no longer cuts the mustard and it takes far to long to import to the editing programme, render & edit therein and then export from same :(.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I’m watching you watching me watching you too

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Batteries EJ, buy more batteries. The little feckers only last about 70-80 mins :(.

11. I think the9 is a bit better cos it’s got a bigger battery. But I have three genuine GoPro ones.
    Already!:dizzy:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah, I think the 9 battery is something like 1440mah and the 7, which I have is 1220. I’ve got into the habit now of turning the camera on & off to conserve the battery when filming but I really need to rig up a power lead to it but on the 7 that means removing the door and cutting some sort of access in the outer frame :(.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information