1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got Myself An R6 Track Bike

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Monners, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Should have posted the spec earlier :)

Vance & Hines Cylinder Head
    Full Supersport Cams
    Kit ECU & Loom (YEC)
    Bazzaz Auto Tune
    KTec Suspension front & rear
    Lightec Rear Sets
    Translogic Quick Shifter
    Bora Full Supersport Radiator
    Akraprovic Full Titanium Pipe
    GB Engine Protection
    GB Shark Fin
    GB Teardrop Frame Bobins
    Renthal Chain & Sprockets
    Full Carbon Frame Protectors
    Clutch Nut Modification
    HEL Braided Brake Line
    Renthal Bars & Clipons
    Renthal Fat Grips
    CRG Adjustable Clutch Lever
    Kit Gearbox Breather Tank
    Brembo Brake Discs
    Dominio Quick Action Throttle
    Brake Lever Guard (Rizoma)
    Ohlins undermount Steering Damper
    Quick Release Fuel Cap
    BMC Air Filter
    Samco Hoses
    Rain Light & Switch
    2 End Cans
    Spare Fairings
    Wets on Wheels

• Like Like x 2
  2. It was a tad wet in Jerez on Saturday!

Luckily it was sunny on Monday. My mate Seb Bulpin filming here was doing 1'47'' which which is Superstock ninja speeds so he was having a sandwich and making a few phone calls whilst chasing me!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sorry for the non Ducati content; it'll turn back to red in good time! Here's my last lap last session following Josh Brookes on his out lap to the pits!! Not advised :)

#23 Monners, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. oops! Dam dude... That was looking good to! Hopefully not too much damage? Didn't hear any screaming so im guessing your ok?

5. Oops !

Much damage mate?

6. "Whoops" indeed.

7. Lucky that didn't turn in to high side grand central ...

8. It was high side grand central for me :) I remember flying above the bike and landing on the track, it all got confusing after I hit the gravel and started rolling. Amazingly I walked away with just a twisted ankle and bit of a numb face! I seem to have a habit of stripping new bikes! Not that much damage, mostly body work and levers and things.
    IMG_0038.JPG

#28 Monners, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  9. That's a fast corner to bin it! Glad you were ok.

10. Chap! You can proper pedal!!! The only time I tried the track on a bike was in 1980! It was on a mk1 Laverda Montduic 500 (my mates and he had only had it 6 weeks!).Needless to say it all ended very badly with a mangled mess of orange metal - 37 years ago and he still mentions it everytime we meet.Get over it Clive FFS!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Haha nothing worse than binning someone elses bike!

12. Yeah, but I let him off for porking my sister so fair play

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. Haha seems reasonable!

14. Interesting if you see Brooke's line to yours on that corner, much shallower and less time on the side of the tyre. Ok it's a 1000 but something possibly in that :)

15. There are people I'd let pork my sister that I wouldn't even let sit on my bike never mind ride it ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. I was chatting to one of the racing lads about that and he was saying they go over the paint on the inside apex to do what you are saying there so yes that makes a lot of sense. I'm also making the mistake of trying to get faster by being harder on the throttle on the exit when there's a lot safer time to be made up by going in quicker. It's funny how it's less scary to go harder on the exit but it's more likely that you crash!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Couldn't agree more! Always been terrible on the brakes even tho I understand the concept of brakes means squash means big contact patch means grip.

Still can't do it!

18. It's much easier to trail break the Panigale really deep into the corner than it is on the R6.

19. No TC I take it? That was a nasty one, glad your ok.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information