1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Got On The List Early For The V2

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Bondy7070, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Was going to go full retard with the new R1 but all the reviews sounded so good, I loved my 899 and I think humility on track is quite important so I’m going to stay away from the V4/R1/ThouRR region for a few more years yet.

Get to come back to country in Jan for two weeks so should be able to see a demonstrator then but don’t think mines going to be built until end of March, what Dealer Prin said anyway.

Had a few questions for the guys in the know on here, on looking through the configurator there’s two things that took my fancy.

1. Ducati issue tissue track fairings, they’ll be properly plush but 700 odd quid a fair price?, or get CRC’s for prob 500?

2. Performance rear sets, Ive looked around google for questions on this bike and the 959 and I can’t find a clear answer on whether I can switch to R shift and retain up & down QS capability. Is the answer yes I need rear sets but don’t get these because 1100 is taking the urine?

Not bothering with seat cowl or anything, going to do 600 miles up and down a dual carriage way then the sexy little things gonna get stripped down and sorn.

Should have time for a few days to get dialled in before Almeria end of April, Sawted.

7A3035F9-A124-40DD-8770-091FCEAFDDCB.jpeg

845569F8-D27D-4010-B095-7254CD92828C.jpeg

A3EFAEB3-C1AC-49E5-A453-7F165CABCA3A.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  2. No experience of the V2 but the Ducati track fairing option is most definitely worth it. It’s unpainted standard bodywork plus front and rear light blanks and loom plugs. From my experience, I will NEVER buy CRC fairings again.
    I bought Spider rear sets for my V4 which are some of the best quality and function kit I have used at about £700. Just checked and no 959 rear sets on their web site ..... yet. Pretty sure the selection of road or race shift is selected in the electronics. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Happy days mate I’ll most probably get them in there as well then, yeah I spoke to the dealer reference shift pattern and he didn’t seem to have a clue unfortunately but I’ll just get it confirmed when I go in in Jan. If that’s an option you can find with the new swanky dash that’d be mega we’ll see.

4. Nice one mate, rear sets I would go lightec, plenty of spares and shift pattern is by the leaver upon order, I have had no problems with crc farings on my 899, I would go race fairings with motoholders front frame and oversize intakes, your biggest problem will be because it’s a new model basically a 959 with v4 fairings so fit of some items may be a problem, I would wait and see what the tri options boys are doing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cheers mate, yeha I think I'm going to have to wait until all the relevant parties get their hands on it and take my pick of the most cost effective and best quality bunch.
    Going to be a long 4 months though now ffs lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. 899/959/1299/1199/V2 are basically all the same engine and air box, so almost all parts are interchangeable, so i would say a v2 fitted with a 899 motoholders front and rear subframe then the 899/1199 race fairings will fit and would look pretty cool as imo the 899/1199 is the best looking of the bunch, you would have a v2 with all its nice bits,dash,electrics and swingarm wrapped in the sleek 899 bodywork.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Good choice Bondy.... Think it’s going to be a belter:upyeah: might well have some rearsets available in a few weeks time. ... watch this space:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Awesome, let me know if possible, Cheers

10. image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. will do:upyeah:

13. Great bike - still the best choice for learning to ride properly IMHO

The choice of fairing’s really depends on your intended usage.

If you are occasionally going to track the bike and want to quickly be able to revert it to road use then the Genuine Ducati track kit is the one to go for. Yes it’s more expensive but as they are standard fairings you have the option of leaving your lights in place and making very few modifications in order to swap between road and track. Even if you do take it a step further and remove the lights the Ducati kit includes all of the blanks.

However, if your priority it to reduce weight and the potential cost of damage in the event of an off and you are going to be using the bike as track only then I would go for cheaper track fairings. They might not look as good but they are usually lighter and you won’t care as much if you drop it!

The race front subframes from the likes of dbholders, motoholders, mwr, etc reduce weight and allow for greater air flow and are lighter than stock - as well as being cheaper and easier to bend back into shape! However, this bike has improved air flow as standard and has a proper IMU. In which case if it’s mounted the same as the 1299 then you need to be careful messing with the stock brackets - Lots of posts out there on how swapping to track front subframe caused issues.

If you aren’t worried about keeping the V2 look then your are going to find it cheaper to pickup 899 kit but I’m not sure the fairings will just fit. Sure you could swap the front and rear subframes (IMU issue not withstanding) But the side panels look to mount very differently and then there’s the exhaust shape.

I think without access to the bike to compare with the existing models - or in the very least compare part numbers it’s a risk to assume existing parts are interchangeable. The MCN page has a slide over comparison that highlight the cosmetic differences.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/ducati-panigale-v2/

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2019/11/19/2020-ducati-panigale-v2-review-18-fast-facts/

That being said lots of parts will fit and I would bet the rearsets will. I have Gilles VCR and to switch to race shifting you simply change where the linkage is attached - I would be surprised if others are any different. I picked mine up for an fantastic price on eBay - If you are patient you are 100% certain of finding a bargain.

All of that being said........... Ducati Store have 30% off everything right now..... that’s a better price than you will get anywhere for genuine Ducati I reckon! “It’s a deal, it’s a steal, it’s the sale of the fucking century” ;)

1736CDE6-7E7F-439A-8557-20DCBA3EF33A.png

• Love You Love You x 1
  14. Mate thanks for this dissertation. That's not a piss take of the volume iive used that term in appreciation, thanks.
    I'll have a look now.
    Bike will only do the first 600 miles on road, number plate with then get lost in the stables.

15. Have you checked noise levels on the v2 mate?? British tracks are getting very strict on noise levels.

16. :joy: I know I go on a bit! I’m bored - it’s cold and this is a subject I’m obsessed with at the moment as I’m converting my 959 for track use over the winter!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Why say this to me lol

18. Thought everyone knew about pani noise level problems mate.

19. It’s euro 5 compliant - it will be fine as stock!

The 959 was 98db with stock cans

With a full Akra system....... not so much! o_O

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information