1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Got One

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by simmytt, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Managed to bag a x tri options bike over the weekend , picked it up today and all seems good,its was nice to see all the good bits remain in place,bit of a blank canvas so i will spend the next few weeks stripping the bike and thinking of a paint job,sorry about the photo,i will update with pics :upyeah:

image.jpg

#1 simmytt, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 22
  2. just get my miners lamp out,,but looks good,, RED?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Seems a popular bike at the mo, a lot of ex tri options bikes popping up.

4. Nice one. Saw that one on ebay I was tempted to go and view it.

5. To be honest it's not the best one out there but that was reflected in the price, spoke to the rider before I purchased it and it was last used at a wet Silverstone last year and not been touched since, I also managed to confirm that the engine was built by Jhp and has had conrods done ect and it has full k tech suspension, mag casings and slipper clutch and white yes White Samco hoses and a rain light lol, bad points, small crack on the dash , rbw throttle housing and could do with replacing as it is cracked and could do with a new fairing set and screen, one thing I was not expecting is that the lock stops are intact so the r&g savers must work. Looking forward to getting it back to a1 condition .

• Like Like x 2
  6. As long as you got it for a good enough price, the kinks can be worked out. Ride safe!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. image.jpeg Started the strip down, almost sure I am going to take the engine out and drop it off for a refresh, it seems the right thing to do as I am half way there and if I leave the light weight wheels off the shopping list I can do it on budget, just !.Who ever designed the catch pan need shooting as its a right bitch to get off. I admit to being pleasantly surprised at the cost of some parts I have ordered , rear mudguard £20 for example I have also ordered ecu housings for both sides as the ones on the bike are cracked. Will keep updating as I go :upyeah:

• Like Like x 5
  8. Great project for over the winter!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Considering a 899 track bike (some road) myself.

Don't suppose you know what noise limits the stock cans would pass do you bud?

10. Sounds like the same catch pan I had!
    Left the bugger off!

11. CRC fairings ? Was thinking the same , bloody stupid to have to remove the cans to do a oil change, I was also thinking of drilling a hole to access the sump nut and using a rubber grommet. Are you running water or coolant in yours as I am thinking water is not the best for the internals as the amount of white oxidation that came out was a bit of a concern. I will pm you re the side stand.

12. Yup - CRC.
    I got two sets with mine. Fancy pants painted CRC and some scabby ProFIbre (UK not the Eastern Europe lot). Removed the CRC ones and tarted up the others for my recent trip to Cartagena. The CRC items feel a better quality product, however the Pro-Fibre ones are a much simpler design.
    Mine had distilled water in as coolant, but no anti freeze, I've replaced with an antifreeze mix.
    IMG_3955.JPG
    snip2.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  13. Cheers :upyeah:, may well try the Pro-fibre ones as not far from me and a lot cheaper than the crc ones .

14. I had a chat with him re a new nose cone.
    Nice/helpful gezza . Rich IIRC

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tbh i have only ever played safe and booked 105/108db days and never had a problem.Never had standard cans on any of my Panigale's.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. I have been busy cleaning and polishing all the parts from the strip down, i managed to get a spare fairing set off Sean Nearys old 899 so i am contemplating fitting these fairings and i had some good news today JHP have started rebuilding my engine, cant wait to get i back so i can start rebuilding it.Also swapping the sigma slipper clutch to a stm one so if anyone is interested i maybe selling the sigma. 899 1.jpg 899 2.jpg 899 3.jpg 899 4.jpg image1 (1).JPG

• Like Like x 2
  17. Good stuff!
    Why the clutch swap though?

18. It was in a job lot of parts i purchased and i was told they are a better clutch than a sigma,might be bullshit ?oh and it looks pretty :cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. image.jpeg image.jpeg Still waiting on the engine so I can get stuck in rebuilding the bike in the mean time I have been painting the tail section to match the rest of the fairings and painted the bum pad also, subframe powder coated, pleased with the colour match,it's a strange flip colour looks flat in the garage but is metallic in the sunlight.

• Like Like x 3
  20. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Managed to pick up some wow and a spare tank yesterday , so spent today cleaning the wheels and spraying the tank, there is somthing strangely satisfying about wet tyres .

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information