1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Got One

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by simmytt, Jan 23, 2018.

1. image.jpeg image.jpeg Well finally got the engine back today, now the fun begins.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Loving your work!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Good stuff, keep the pics coming!

4. It knows it's place, outside in the rain :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. You do know the hipsters will be pulling their beard out at that? ^

[​IMG]

6. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Rads flushed and cleaned and mounted and bolted in, started to fit loom, new ecu housings on, new air intakes ready to fit , exhaust headers fitted and exhaust spruced up, going to be busy tomorrow .

7. Good effort.
    You'll be up at first light tomorrow and go all day without food or rest until it's alive....:upyeah:

8. Could not be further away, i have zero facial hair as i makes me riffey and my head gets wet shaved twice a week,more old school skinhead than hairy hipster, i will say the BM is very well liked by the general public.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Your right there, the mrs has been calling me for the last hour or so, only be 5 more minutes love.I will be taking it back to JHP to start it up as i have fitted a new throttle unit and the tps may need adjusting and if it goes bang it can stop there. As i stripped the bike down i put all the bolts back in the engine block so i knew where they went to ease the rebuild, bastards took them all out and put them in a bag :eek:.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Looking good mate

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Steady progress today, loom fitted, exhaust fitted , decided to fit a standard fan wired up to a switch on the bars so I can keep the fan running all the time, cooler Panigale more power, dropped the tank and top fairing on just because I wanted to:upyeah:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  12. Looking very tasty!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cheers mate, its not been all smooth going, the db holders air intakes don't seem to work with the nose fairing, it looks like the intakes need trimming to allow the nose cone to come back, how do you find the fit on yours, i also have no way of mounting the gps, no biggie as i cannot see me using it anyway and the oil catch bellypan was a lot easier second time round.

14. Mines on route back from Spain at the mo, if you need any pics when she's back just let me know.
    I left the belly pan off.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. image.jpeg Getting there now, got to love a naked track bike.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Well the rebuild is finished for the meantime, lots of niggles at the end mainly electronic, I owe Ric at Jhp a massive thank you for sorting all the electrics out in his own time, problems started at first turn on of the ignition, throwing up a array of warning lights, so starting the bike was no go, main problem being that the bike was reading 32mph at standstill and because the ecu thought the bike was on the move it would not allow any access to any functions without shutting the throttle :eyes:,plugged into the laptop seems it was a abs error , a quick unplug and reconnect of the abs unit and problem solved, next problem was the dash and ecu had a fall out about the mileage of the bike with both showing differe figures, now the ecu was verified as the bikes original one, so the bike must have had a replacement dash , dash mileage corrected and synced with the ecu.Were good to go, bike started up first time and sounded great then the smokescreen appeared, me with a look of horror on my face, Ric looking calm, me "what the fuck is that ", Ric " what have you been cleaning the exhausts with" , I say sheepishly a bit of paraffin, turns out I may have been a little liberal with the paraffin and some got into the exhaust wadding and when it got up to temp the thing smoked like a Rasta on a bank holiday. So after getting the bike back home I ran it up to temp a few times and smoke eventually cleared. So bodywork now fitted and all good to go.I like green

• Like Like x 2
  17. It’s a Dukwaki :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I did have a lamsuki once, think only @bootsam will get that one, secret handshake and all that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dookwaki! :upyeah:
    Bloody good job!
    May have to look at that red crackle :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information