1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Got You By The Balls! Is It Legal?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by jcmental, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Mmm, I take your point. but in my defence I did a search and found that most of the results came back asking if there is a tool for said problem. I have to admit though I was a bit pissed off. I have been using J&L's for over 3 years now and had a few including my major services done there. I thought we had quite a good rapport but they wouldn't even entertain the idea.

So does anyone local to me (Walney Island) have a service reminder reset tool please? I don't mind paying a few £ for the reset. shit I'll even throw in a few beers or Rum if you can do it.

2. Dont supose anyone knows what ECU they fitted to the 2014 S GT do they? Was thinking of giving this a go but not sure what ecu is on it mine. http://jpdiag.akress.com/

3. Jpdiag is the same guy who makes melcodiag.

Yes it works. I had a few initial issues mainly around registering to get the unlock code, but the guy is very responsive and sorted me out within a day.

4. Yes he is very helpful.

5. .

If it was my bike, I'd find another dealer locally, book in for an oil/filter change or the barest of service work, which would in turn get the service light switched off.
    Perhaps a few quid but recoverable at point of sale.

I've done this in the past with various bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes. The European Block Exemption Regulations specifically excludes 2-wheeled vehicles :mad:

7. Hmm, Ducati owned by Audi (VAG) - coincidence........ :thinkingface: - see thread on Audi servicing costs

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. It's not a conspiracy FFS. The whole market has/is going this way.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I know, just being facetious about Audi re the other posts on servicing costs and their involvement on collusion - no offence intended :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just back date the clocks and the service reminder will disappear

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. What do you mean by "Back date the clocks"? Please explain.

12. Right so I've downloaded and installed jpdiag the software, I've bought a
    USB Cable KKL VAG-COM 409.1 OBD2 and a
    DUCATI Diagnostic 4 pin OBD2 connector for Multistrada
    But can get it to connect, either with the ignition on or off. I notice there is no text to copy when you click the blue button to paste into the box and register it. do you think that might be a problem? or should it still connect with out registering it?

13. You need to connect to get the info for the license to be created ,so somethings wrong
    Usually the cable, did you buy the lonetec?

14. Did you set it to the right COM port?

15. I would like others of course be totally happy to buy a used bike at market value which has just had an oil and filter change only done by the previous owner and service light switched off, by a Ducati dealer . What could possibly go wrong ?

16. err... read something about that on another forum but dont know how to find the port settings

17. Connect the Lonelec cable to the USB of your computer. If you are running Windows 7 click the Windows button at the bottom left and open Control Panel.
    Within Control Panel click on Hardware and Sound. At the top of the list in the next window you will see Devices and Printers under which is Device Manager. Click on it and it will open up a new window showing various components of the computer system. look down the list and you will see Ports (COM & LPT). Click on the wee triangle in front of it and it will show you the port as USB-SERIAL CH340* (COM N). Where N is the COM port number. CH340 may be different depending on the USB device.
    You should double click on the USB-Serial to access it's properties then click the Port settings tab and check the Baud rate (bits per second). Set it to 38400 if it is not already set to that.
    If you run Windows 10, access it from Start Menu. Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu. Otherwise it is much the same.

When you now open Mecodiag, select COM N, where N is the number of the COM port and ensure the Baud rate is also set to 38400. Select the year range for your bike, turn the ignition on then click on Connect. A blue line should then appear from left to right below the Baud rate as it connects to the ECU.
    The ECU data with Hardware version, software version and VIN should appear at the bottom left of the Melcodiag screen. You can then follow the procedure to obtain a licence.

• Useful Useful x 3
  18. Wow! Brilliant i'll give it a go. been fannying around all night trying to find why it wouldn't recognise the usb

19. Cars are easy to reset you'd be surprised last car was foot on brake, depress clutch, hold mileage reset button in until service icon disappears

20. @Sotos christou -hi Sotos, what do you mean and how is done

Do Not Sell My Personal Information