1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Got You By The Balls! Is It Legal?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by jcmental, Nov 13, 2018.

1. That will only remove the 12 month service warning from the later DVT bikes. It will do nothing for the oil & desmo service warnings based on mileage.
    And for how long can you keep 'back dating' the clock?

2. @Derek - you have a good point there.

In my case, I am puzzled as to how and why I cannot reset the 37k mile Oil Service reminder.
    Using Melcodiag I have successfully cleared the 15k Desmo, the 22.5k Oil Service and the 30k Desmo.
    Somehow out of the blue I cannot clear the 37k.
    I think something happened to the ECU. Wonder if there is way to reset to factory settings or reinstall the program :thinkingface:

My dealer that I buy all my spares, belts, shims, filters etc.. is not happy to go against Ducati's instructions and clear the message - I don't blame him.

It's Ducati's stand that I do not accept.
    Anyway I made my position clear in my thread - nothing to do with money but rights.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. That's sound advice, I don't think you can expect the dealer to sign off work they hav'nt done but surely you will benefit from the dealer stamp when you sell

4. Problem sorted, Theres a Garage called MBR Motorsports in Barrow in Furness (3 miles from my house), he has all the equipment and licences for hundreds of bikes and a rolling road, he reset it for me for 20 bats.
    https://www.facebook.com/MBRMotorsportsltd/

Saved me a lot of time n money and travel.
    He said to let you all know, easy money for him if you cant do it your self.
    I tried with various jpdiag programs but none would connect even after setting the port and data rate.

• Like Like x 1
  5. immagine2-52d68ce.jpg
    Once you have the right cables, you can reset it yourself with the jpdiag software.
    I've documented it on the thread below.
    https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/ducati-monster-1200/354324-engine-light-reset.html
    Software available here. Register your ECU to get a license that will free-up all the functionalty.
    http://jpdiag.akress.com/

• Like Like x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  6. Must be a cheap Chinese ELM cable. Happened to me also.
    Make sure the ELM327 USB Cable OBD2 is genuine and has been confirmed to work. Many on Ebay are Chinese bootleg where their cables contains a counterfeit "Prolific" chip that uses the same Vendor ID. Consequently, Prolific modified their newest drivers in Windows to render the counterfeit adapters unusable. As a result, any Windows OS drivers newer than the ones in XP will result in a "Code 10 error"

7. This is a good point, all I can say is once I set the port up and the program it showed a green bar under the connect button but constantly said conect............ next to it, the LED on the VAG OBDII to usb lit up red but it just couldn't interrogate the ECU. I had the same problem with the kit I bought for the Android app with the Bluetooth OBDII adaptor. It was much quicker and cost no more money than buying all the leads to get it done at MBR Motorsport. I just wish I had known he was there. I only found him by accident from a person you might know box on facebook.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I know some of you disagree with the home reset option but as long as the books not signed what should it matter.

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The part numbers show the 2013 and 2014 ecu is the same, but different to the 2010 to 2012 ones.
    Obviously the non S bikes have a different ecu to the S ones too.
    There are also different variants for different export regions (e.g. France has a different ecu to the rest of europe).

Speaking with the guy who wrote the JP Diag software when I was trying to reset my service light, it seems not all bikes connect reliably, or reset correctly. Some bikes need the desmo service reset sent to reset what should be just the oil service.

Interestingly speaking to a friend yesterday he says the JP Diag software works for his 2015 base model DVT (using a bluetooth OBD dongle, not the wired one).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information