1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grazie Vale!

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Inspirational. Exciting. Charismatic. Passionate.

And the GOAT!

Thank you for everything you’ve done and everything that you’ve done for the sport :)

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 5
  2. The benchmark for every up and coming future sportsman on planet earth.

3. And a decent result. Got his top 10 finish he wanted and an all Ducati podium! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Genuine hero material.

Something I have very rarely ever said about anyone.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. One of the very few to transcend motorsport to be equally idolised by those outside the sport.

An absolute role model for any kid

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Forza Valé.

7. Apart from....you know....:eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Yeah, cheers Rossi

9. What a LEGEND!

10. Batton it would seem handed to Peco now, but not sure any rider will ever receive the world wide adoration that Rossi has during his career.

Next season should be amazing despite Vale's absence!! :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. He has given us some amazing races , created an unprecedented following, earned the respect of everyone and at the same time put more back into the sport than he’s taken out of it. Unfortunately at the end of his career he was no longer competitive, but at least it prepared us for the number 46 disappearing from our screens I suppose. He will be missed and thanks for the memories Vale. A true legend with character.

• Like Like x 1
  12. What can you say....

I remember passing my bike test in 1998 aged 27 and when I went to buy my first helmet I recall seeing a black AGV with a yellow sun on one side and a half crescent moon on the other... I had no idea then who's helmet it was.

Roll forward to now and I've been lucky enough to watch Valentino raise the bar many times, the numbers speak for themselves that is what the history books will remember. However, what that cannot reflect is the huge impact he alone has had on the sport for 25 years, his charisma, charm, talent, battles, post race antics, how he handled the media, the praise for other riders when he was beaten. And in the last decade or so the creation of the VR46 academy identifying and nurturing young Italian riders, having teams in all 3 grand prix classes, this is the legacy he leaves for the sport, something that people will look back on in 20-30 years, this will be the defining moment I think.

• Like Like x 2
  13. D619D7E1-7DEE-4D88-A5B5-B2EACF8E5A1A.jpeg A true legend in his own lifetime but when you look like Sid James in your lid, it’s probably time to hang up the race leathers :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. :astonished: Im not sure 93 would agree (or casey way back when) :joy:

For me foggy got me into bike racing and valentino got me into big boys bike racing (no offence intended to anyone etc)

Love him to bits.

15. Boils down to that age old question doesnt it really ...would you want to go out for a bevvy with casey stoner or 93?....probably not, it would be pretty boring and youd be home by 11. Would you want to go for a beer with foggy or vale? Clear your calendar for the next 7 days (and pack some spare pants).

16. I've been saying for years, the older he gets the more he looks like sid James

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Foggy in racing years would be dull as ditchwater. His character has improved with age ;)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information