1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Greasy Slipper

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Robarano, Oct 5, 2019.

1. No, in fact I'm going to wipe it dry and put little pieces of sandpaper in there instead of ball bearings. Then I'm going to replace the engine oil with chip fat. That'll teach you! :mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Or leave the balls on the bench.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. That would just be silly Steve. :)

4. How do you keep that floor so clean?

5. I use this stuff.

[​IMG]

You have to be careful, it only works on the right type of grease though. :innocent:

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. I do my track bike every 3-4 days.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. That seems alot? @Robarano hasn't done his for four years (though I don't know if he rides that bike much?

I have no clue but am interested to find out what others do as I'm fitting a slipper over the winter.

#27 Jez900ie, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  8. thats alright with all that melted grease washing around in there it'll never rust!:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I found if I don't keep the tips of the spider lubricated then it breaks. I guess it would be every 3-400 track miles, but when I used one on the road I did it every year.
    I also have it set up to slip a lot so it gets a fair amount of abuse.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. can i ask how you have it set up to slip a lot?

11. careful @ducv2 don’t incriminate yourself o_O

12. none so blind as those that won't see..

13. I have changed both the stack height and the spider spring in the past.
    On say a 3 day Euro track time (assuming I don't blow the f*cking thing up as usual) the slip point changes a lot as the plates wear I.e it slips earlier.

14. saving the world? - recommended as soon as possible Jez

15. Saving the world is a slow process, and one which its difficult to speed up! Still Greta has publicised this as much or more than anyone else has in recent memory -though at my age that might not be so reliable LOL.

16. I’m sure i read that the recommended service interval is 500 miles

I did mine annually ish....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. This is even better than the grinder/subframe thread!

Top bodging :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  18. Who'd have thought a little touch of grease could have caused so much uproar. :)

• Like Like x 3
  19. I haven't even fitted mine yet, but I'm already looking forward to posting pics of my "service" in a year or less...

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. :) Grease is the word

Do Not Sell My Personal Information