1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Greasy Slipper

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Robarano, Oct 5, 2019.

1. trouble is lowering the stack height affects the actual grip of the clutch going forwards and of course contribute to breaking the spider spring.
    I dont think there are different strength springs available so using an older spring has the potential to break earlier

Have you tried the race angle ramps...dont know if you know you can get different angle ramps to release the back torque earlier...

2. Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 10.40.33.png

3. There. Somebody had to lower the whole tone of this thread...

4. Greasegate aside I do think @Robarano has a very meticulous approach to work and practices.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Whatever you get upto on a Sunday morning is up to you Andy, but some things aren't meant to be shared. o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. You've just reminded me. I need to grease the garden gate. :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Make sure you use weatherproof grease with the correct amount of tacticity and the correct ph level for the kind of rainfall you have in the north east lol

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Of course dildo. Do you think I don't know what I'm doing with my gate? :rolleyes: I wouldn't use aly old grease on it, I only use this stuff, the best. :upyeah:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Instead of getting you the usual hi karate bathroom set for Xmas I’m gonna push the boat out and get you this

C250B95C-2F39-449A-8413-2CFD9195EB4A.jpeg

• Love You Love You x 1
  10. Phwoar. :heart_eyes: Now you're talking. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Since I started to maintain the clutch a bit better I have had no problems with the spider spring, and I do have it set with as little engine braking as I can get away with. I think the older engines dont have the power to trouble a good clutch when accelerating. Mine doesn't anyway...

12. Which is my plan too, I need less engine braking than standard!

What do you ride?

13. 20171103_113050.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  14. what motor you running in there ...is that 996...
    a street slipper has around a 45 degree angle ramp some of the more race orientated stuff has down towards 38....so it takes away the back torque....engine braking!

15. It's a 150hp 996. Onto its third slipper, previously STM, then ducati performance with only ramps, now using sigma.

• Like Like x 1
  16. yeah sigma do a couple of different ramp angles

Do Not Sell My Personal Information