1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic Great News!

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Fire3500, Jul 8, 2017.

1. IMG_5347.JPG

Exhaust is no longer the first thing to touch down!

Epic ride back from Lincoln. If you were the chap in the Ferrari, great sport!

One question though, did it grate that you couldn't shake an entry-level Ducati in your £200k 600hp beastie?

Some say that Ferrari are the Ducati of the motor car world...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Neat looking can, looking to replace my Icons standard exhaust (too quiet) , I assume it's louder than standard?, do you need to re-map to be sure it's not running weak etc?

PS I guess there was a fair bit of traffic around holding the Ferrari up?, I was out in a mates 430 Scuderia last summer and we left a BMW1000R in our wake, no traffic, plenty of bends, he followed us into the pub car park and asked if the Ferrari had been breathed on, it hadn't it was just down to having so much more braking power and lateral grip + 511bhp .

3. Had a woman knock over my 848 (it was parked, she clipped the front wheel). Assured me she'd pay cash for all the damage but I got a voicemail from her that went as follows...
    "I've just informed my husband about knocking your bike over, and when I told him it was a Ducati, he informed me they were the Ferrari of motorbikes. Having considered the potential cost, we've decided to go through insurance". :joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. It's a Racefit Growler, with a baffle (essential). I also have had a Rexxer remap. It's a good combo and I'm very happy with everything now. Ground clearance had been a persistent issue but we're there now.

No, the roads were good and twisty though. On straight bits he was pulling away but the Scrambler is pretty quick up to 110 (kilometres per hour, obviously officer). I'm not a professional rider or close to it, and I assume that although he was giving it a bit of welly he was preserving licence and expensive car. Really good fun though, and judging by the grin and thumbs up we both enjoyed it.

5. The Ferrari wasn't trying, calm your tits.

• Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. Driving it were you? It was a bit of fun on a twisty road... hardly the battle of the century.

Jeez... but yes, you did an Internet clever. You're a big boy now. Be proud.

#6 Fire3500, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  7. Beat one on my morning commute. Bloke had nothing on the KTM.
    Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 08.34.08.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Having ridden a scrambler classic, I reckon my old 520 would give it a good go at leaving one behind.

It was not an old mr2 with a dodgy body kit, was it?

:joy::joy:

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  9. Nah, it was a red 812 shaped thing with Italia stripes. Perhaps he couldn't drive? Perhaps I'm fantasising...

• Like Like x 1
  10. You wouldn't be the first to fantasise about a Ferrari ;)

11. Thanks Fire3500, do you mind me asking how much the rexer and can cost?.

12. Hi Mark,

The Racefit is £400 and the Rexxer reflash was £250 at Italia Moto in Lincoln, you'll pay about another £40 for the baffle for the Racefit and my god you'll need it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information