1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings From France

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Fisgard kid, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Just joined the forum to get clued up on all things Multistrada. I live in the northern Dordogne (France) and love riding the roads around here on my Triumph Tiger Sport - just have to watch out for the deer and wild boar rather than motorists as we don't get much traffic in this neck of the woods. Seriously thinking of changing to my first Ducati sometime in the next few months. I really fancy a DVT Multistrada S so will be lurking around on here to find out as much as I can before making purchase. Haven't ridden one yet but hope to rectify that in the next couple of weeks as I know a dealer in Limoges has a demonstrator.
    Out of interest, I test rode the BMW S1000XR at the weekend (as well as a new GS) and knew within about 20 minutes that I wouldn't get on with it. The bike felt 'angry' all the time and the vibes through the bars were dreadful. A nice bike in may ways (quite liked the quickshifter) but not for me. Ride felt a bit on the hard side too. Liked the GS a lot more but I know that if I had one I would occasionally wish it had more power. Cue the Multistrada!
    Cheers, Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Welcome to the forum, great part of the world you are in.

Re; bike choices. GS is a lot faster than it first seems once you learn to trust that its abilities far exceed what you think it should be capable of. Wont rip your arms off but superb punch out of corners (sub 100mph) along with rather good handling. See above!
    S1000 motors are vibey and frenetic, part of the reason I sold mine. Only works as a package when caning it, sublime when flat out.
    Multistrada great choice.
    Also consider 1290GT, see avatar!

Would probably decide on dealer reputation tbh.

3. Welcome Dave

4. Hello & welcome Steve, love my dvt, contrary to some posts my 2016 has been faultless and it frightens the life out of me when the wheel pops up especially with the missus on board!

5. Welcome - bet you get cheap Calvados round there :upyeah:

6. Welcome, please join the map linked below.

Ducati Forum

7. Welcome, DVT S a great choice, and as above so is Ktm, I also tried the BMW and settled on the Duke as the vibes on BMW were simply unacceptable. The Duke for me was the best of the bunch but is also not without fault. The exhaust valve is made of plasticine, the fuel sensor is made of chocolate and the gear position sensor made of toffee, all pretty niff naff and sorted under warranty. The suspension takes a bit of electronic jiggery pokery patience to get it right and the throttle in touring mode is wooly and lacks precision...... All that being said, they are a fantastic do everything machine and I'm on my third one, already looking into my 4th for next year. I don't think there's many other bikes that multi task so well with that added bit of Ducati-ness as a bonus. The engine is fantastic after 3 or 4 thousand miles once they loosen up and punch well above its weight with my sports bike mates. My top tips are to drill out the crap exhaust flapper and lose the scorpion trail tyres, they are not bad, but lack front end feel and spin a bit exiting round abouts if your pushing on. DVT S.....Highly recommend :upyeah:

8. Bienvenue Steve

9. Thanks to all for the welcome. Looking forward to learning lots via the forum, and hopefully contributing once I join the fold!

10. Hello and welcome into our mad house

The red ones are the best :)

11. Hi Steve,
    Not far from you, just south east of Perigueux.
    Picked up a 2015, 1200 S DVT Multi a couple of weeks ago & road it back from the UK. Great bit of kit & can really recommend it.:upyeah:
    Hope you find what your looking for!
    Cheers
    Steve (strangely:neutral:)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information