1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings - "new" 916

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Pete433, Mar 17, 2020.

1. hello all, been on here a little while but didnt stick to the rules and post in the Newbies section, so better late than never!

Got myself a 916 at the end of november, it needed the shock refurbing (thanks to the guys on here for the help) and a good spruce up, not sure it had been cleaned aside from the fairings in the whole 23 years of its life so far!

The exhaust has been off and polished, shock sorted. In general it’s mostly standard (1996 bip) but a few bits needed, fuel filler cap wasn’t original and wheels have been powder coated black, managed to get replacements for both. Just need to find out who is any good at refurbing the wheels before I put them on (and burn up the tyres off the current wheels), they need a little bit of a clean up but not bad overall.

Been out a few times on it, over the last couple of weeks, now I see what all the hype was about, absolutely brilliant to ride, feckin love the thing!

Live in Yate just north of Bristol, cheers!

IMG_1401.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  2. Welcome Dave ;)

3. Bore da Pete, cool 916.

4. Welcome dude

5. hello and welcome. check out reality motor works for ya wheels. they are in bristol and a good bunch. ive got some mag wheels with em at the moment.

6. thanks chizel i'll take a look, i've heard that the hard part is matching the original gold colour on them

7. I can't believe the fairings have never been removed for cleaning in two decades,dirty bastards:punch:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dymags ?

9. marchesini

• Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome dude

11. Welcome to the Forum Pete :upyeah:

12. Welcome and enjoy.

13. Nice one!!
    Welcome belatedly.

14. Pete, for the wheels refurb there are a few on here who recommend Steve Turner in Melksham, so not far from you http://tpcs-magnesium-refurbs.co.uk/contact-us.php but not sure if he does the OEM gold colour so best call him. He does good work and a they cost around £100-£120 to bring them back to like new, they need to be clean and bearing free and he does frames and swinging arms (in fact any metal parts) as well if you end up doing that.

15. Yes, welcome Rodders...x

16. Nice one denzil I’ll check them out, cheers

17. Welcome fella :):upyeah:

18. Yate....a magistrate took my licence off me there for 28 days in 1988.
    Offence was doing “130+“ down M32 on my GSX750 to pick up some photos in town during my lunch hour from Filton.
    Plod on BMW R80 “couldn’t catch you because you were going so fast...”

Welcome!

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information