1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Grey, Mag Or Black Wheels Colour Opinion

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Chris.King1, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Just wondering what peeps think the best wheel colour is on a yellow Ducati yellow (yes, sorry my bike is yellow) or your preference. Mine has the black wheels as pictured, but think I prefer the grey, looks a bit more classic to me. Maybe not mag/gold on a yellow. Pulled a couple of pictures of google too.

SPS.1.jpeg

yellow wheels.jpg

greay.jpg

2. For me it's gold, then grey and black last but you can't argue about taste and you like what you like. I don't see a right or wrong here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. black for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Black is going to give the most contrast and impact, whereas the grey is a more gentle transition and colour harmony.

I suppose its going to be dictated by how much you want the yellow to pop.

the gold is fine as well, it works if its the proper Marchesini gold not some powder coat pimp gold colour.

My personal preference would be the factory racer gold or the black.

The black will really make gold calipers and carriers zing, but the carbon mudguard washes out as it does with the grey.

the gold will bring up the carbon mudguard nicely and will be broken up nicely by your black disc carriers.

for me the grey is a bit meh. Its nice and safe but does serve to tie all the other elements of the bike in and bring them all together without being jarring On the eye.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gold frame, gold or black wheels.

Grey frame, grey or black wheels.

You can't get it wrong with black :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Defo black Chris with the yellow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I'd go gun metal grey. But I think you have to choose the right wheel if you know what I mean. As in just painting standard wheels just doesn't look right.

8. SPS.1.jpeg SPS.1 gold.jpg Think it depends on frame colour too. I quickly knocked up in 2 mins on photoshop online as a rough idea. Black wheels I have at the moment and gold colour, matching frame is the second. I like the idea of keeping the original SPS colour wheels on the 5 spokes.

#8 Chris.King1, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  9. My favourite wheels in the best colour..
    Screenshot_20200717-073239.png

• Like Like x 7
  10. That’s nice, esp with the grey frame

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 1st Black
    2nd Grey
    3rd Gold

• Like Like x 1
  12. I like the black wheels.:upyeah:

13. Black then Gold in the right shade, the wrong shade of gold would look awful.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. I have a yellow 998, it has black wheels :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Black for me chief, really goes well with the yellow, as it does in nature!

16. Black or gold for me,as both look tasty.:upyeah:

17. Assuming you’re not changing the frame colour as well, gold.

If the frame were grey then the wheels @cookster posted a pic of would be great.

I do quite like the black but I do think the wheels should match the frame on these bikes.

Just my tuppence

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gold does it for me.

Henk!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Unless you are an adherent to OEM, then the following truths are self-evident:
    1. Grey is neither here nor there, it is the boring numbness of an overcast sky;
    2. Gold as a feature belongs nowhere near yellow - unless you like a hepatic bike;
    3. Black brings out the yellow in the paintwork starkly and brilliantly;
    4. NEVER apologise for having a yellow Ducati, for that is to genuflect before the common red masses.
    These are not merely my opinions, but irrefutable facts. :bucktooth:

20200220_163653.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information