1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gsxr 1000 - Current Model

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Brouny851, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Don't know mate. See how I get on if I can get it to Alcarras. You're looking at a good few quid again to get it ready for the track and not sure I'm prepared to chuck 25k at the gravel. 10k in a track bike seems to be acceptable to bin.
    I've more or less resigned to selling the 899 after October but we'll see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. If it’s the pacedayz gig, we’ll see you there mate there’s a fair few of us going :)

3. It is mate. There's a few of us going too although some have just said that they can't make it. It's sold out so if you know anyone looking for a space let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  4. This is for next season bud, I'm deploying for 6 months star of October so I'll be looking at an April purchase.

I've just sold my 899 because I couldn't be arsed spending all the money to turn it into a track bike and am just left with my tricked 675 now. Do you find your wanting more power on track with one? I thought it would have been great.
    I'm in the same predicament picking the next bike, R1 is my realistic perfect one but the constant dramas can't be ignored. Gixer is the obvious bike but it doesn't give me that fizz when I look at it and say what you want but the fizz is important.
    15+ plate R1 with a full Akra system does things to me.

5. IME the smaller the bike, the easier and more fun it is to ride. But you will get a little more frustrated with people who are a bit slower but on a 1000 as they will pull a bit or pass on straights and slower in turns.

For those 75% days, when you aren’t pushing and just out for a wobble about, the 1000 is great as you can just use 3rd and 4th on most tracks like a large scooter!!

If your want WAHHOOOOO>>>F&CK>>>YEEHAR choose a multi 1200 ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I went from a 2008 R1 to my 899 for the track and the 899 has been like night and day, it's been a seriously impressive bike and just piles confidence on you. I can't fault it...apart from now I'm going quite a bit quicker than I was on the R1 and running fast group at most places, I'm finding I'm getting smashed on the straights.
    I spend quite a bit of time at Cartagena and I find myself getting pissed all over on the straight and then by the 3rd corner I'm looking to get past again.
    If I was getting more straight line speed on the 899 I wouldn't even be thinking of changing it. It's a well sorted bike with most upgrades apart from carbon wheels.

My only worry is if I jump back on a 200hp thou it'll be too much for me again and that's why I'm trying to organize getting the Beemer out to Alcarras in October along with the 899 so that I can have a day on both and a final day on which one I prefer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just get better on the brakes :p

8. Zero percent finance on the GSXR 1000 R until the end of September. Just saying. :thinkingface:

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. This is it, I don't want to get a thou and think fuck my 675 was more fun.

Another thing I'm. Worried about, I've never even ridden a thou. What I do not need happening is getting on it and thinking fuck this is too much. I was very comfortable on my 899 on road mind, but rarely thought I needed more.

I know, but does anyone else have a massive drama with having a financed track bike? To me that seems mental. Surely a 10k one in track fairing, no insurance just fix it when it needs it is the best way here?

10. Have to agree - it gives the most bang for the buck...if i didnt have my rsv4 it would be my go to sports bike....only problem is the front end...ugly - but more than makes up for it in almost every other way...

11. There's plenty places that you can hire bikes now. You could always hire one for a day and see how you get on

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. 851 is a peach to ride... nowhere near as fast and hasn't got the rider aids but even by modern standards the 851 rides very well. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. When I went to Aragon earlier this year there was a couple of guys on Repsol Fireblades. They bought them on a two year pcp deal to do Trackdays and hopefully hand them back in one piece at the end of the deal.

I wouldn't have a problem tracking a financed bike. I've had some painful wallet experiences over the years with track/racebikes so one more wouldn't be the end of the world!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah matt at S boys has gixer and R1 in stock so I'll see if I can get one rented withe start of next season or next month.

15. I don't know, there's enough hope needed with bikes even when you own them outright and are fully insured. Maybe I'm just a woos, personal loaning a part of one maybe yes but fully pcping something I'm going to ham up on a track, and with no insurance? Negative.

16. You'd need to fire some track fairings on at the very least if you were tracking a bike with PCP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I’d imagine condition of finance would be comp ins

18. Yeah I wouldn't ever insure a track bike unless it's for when I'm retired and I'm taking the 1899 Superlegerra E out for its bi monthly peacocking.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information