1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gumtree Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Chris, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Sorry Paul, wasn't around when you posted. As Harry said, if you have that shape fuel tank then you've got carbs. it's a slightly later white frame bike as it's got conventional clutch slave (which is a "plus" really) but it's got the lovely underslung rear caliper and the early (confirming original type) circular tank breather instead of rectangular. They do start to come down in price in UK now but still won't crop up often at this price depending on how Br*x*t effects us.

2. Hi Chris
    Thanks for the info, you and Harry are a help, as you know white one's i like and this one fitted the bill and i liked the wheels :) but just to far.

3. I understand Paul, i've bought blind by hiring a bike transporter many times and got away with it but there is a risk for sure. It's certainly got a bit of "form" looking at the side fairings but could be nothing to worry about and the rest of the bike certainly doesn't look beaten up in the same way, some crankcase corrosion blah blah. :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sitting at work and just had another look, fingers crossed it will sale soon then i can forget about it but if anyone know of it/owner let me know,
    i must switch my phone off :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ^^^^^
    ^^^^^
    Both need saving

• Like Like x 1
  6. Only one needs saving now .:motorcycleduc:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Which did you buy?

8. The Scottish one, can't wait to get the spanners on it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. We will all expect a full blown rebuild thread - good luck

10. Nah, just going to strap on front brake lines and ride............:motorcycleduc:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. 18F5D8A8-DA01-4044-B834-0A48B4ABBCEF.jpeg
    Nice one T :upyeah:

12. Thanks Chris, i can't believe its mine, i have been waiting a long time to find the right one with my limited spend. A real lovely Scot to deal with, happy days. Looks like a thorough strip and rebuild so i will have to take my time, but hey that's the joy of owning any older bike.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Bit of spit an' polish she'll be right :p
    Well done on purchase :upyeah:

14. Thanks Harry all made a pleasure dealing with a genuine fellow Scot, top man.

15. I must say that if I had the time and money I'd have been very tempted, it looks like a really good base, looking forward to the refurb thread

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Thanks Wassy, yes it would have to be a visual check though, we ain't got no crack detect facility here in the valley.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information