1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gumtree Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Chris, Jul 21, 2015.

1. just thinking of your travelling bud you know you didn’t fancy helping me up in the Midlands with odd jobs. Malverns would be a longer trip into bandit country...

2. The Supercity is the Mito/Freccia engine in a mini Elephant dress? Fun to ride?

3. yes! Great fun to ride but you end up constantly ringing it's neck which was the only reason I sold my first one, before i blew it up. That engine was pretty strong considering and produced around 33 brake in Supercity/Planet(later Raptor)/Mito form. And you are right, they called one of the 125s an Elefant also - there was even a 200cc Elefant!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sounds like riding my chainsaw, but that is not at all highly tuned and has half the power of a Supercity, so I can't break it!

• Like Like x 1
  5. My guns are not for hire especially not in the midlands or anywhere else for that matter, and yes a damn long way to go for a portion of chips if not a successful fishing trip.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Should be illegal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Looks like some styling cues from the road going RG500 too.

8. Ferdinand would be turning in his grave if he saw that thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Probably because if and when it stops working it’s catastrophic in their eyes, little realising that 4 strokes also use oil pumps.

Might just be a throw back to an earlier time that lingers, a little like people are adverse to high mileage new bikes.

10. All of the above no doubt, plus a liberal helping of urban legend. Race bikes didn't use CCI, and the idea formed that premix was "better" when in fact it was simply weight saving for throw away race engines.

People who use premix on CCI fitted Suzuki's are ill informed. CCI has far greater reliability & protection for their engines; the gear driven pumps increase the oil as the rpms increase unlike the premix. Some of these engines have mains bearings which are oiled directly by the CCI, and if there's no CCI, the obvious happens...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information