1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gumtree Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Chris, Jul 21, 2015.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  1. Ohlins rear, side airbox panels look like sprayed black as paint is rubbing off.

#165 Roadtrip, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  2. Is cheap. Too cheap?

3. It will be sold soon - jump on it and find out!

4. Messaged him.

If it needs a full service with valves check that is £1k so suddenly it ain't such a good deal....

5. Not necessarily, some people just want rid and get a figure in mind. I’ve bought loads of under priced stuff that the seller has been happy to take their price for.
    Factor in a rebuild or even just a service and the £££ add up.
    One things for sure you never know until you ring .......

6. Unless you can do it yourself

7. Exactly what I did with my "to good to be true"/"quick buck' 999 which I fell in love with and cost me a fortune"

If I didn't own a 996 I'd be all over it like a tramp on chips.

8. I contacted only a few minutes after the advert went online. He said he'd only had the bike a week but it was too fast for him so he was selling it on. Apart from the fairing, speedo and the mirror damage the brake lever was broken as well. No history with other than a few old mots - it sounded a bit dodgy so I left it

9. I guess mirror and lever damage on same side as fairing? If it's 'been down the road' he would have been better off declaring.

10. I wonder if he put it down the road, hence to fast or got it like that.

11. The damage had been done by the previous owner apparently. I didn't ask any more questions because things weren't adding up!!

12. still sounds a possible bargain, bloke's been posting on Gumtree for 5 years.

13. Plenty of mot history on Gov mot check, starts at 1-11-07 at 8.5k miles then right up to 5-6-17 at 17k miles, only a couple of years not used between those dates.

#178 Roadtrip, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  14. sold

• Like Like x 2
  15. Anyone on here ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information