1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gutted... Lower Back Went On My Track Day.

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by webbo, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Today was meant to be a fun day doing a track day at Donington being my second track day ever.
    First session went well on the Scrambler but just as the red flag went out 10 minutes into the second session my lower back went.
    I've been battling an undiagnosed back problem since it went 2.5 years ago.
    8 MRI's... 8 x-rays... seen the top rheumatologist in Gloucestershire and the top spinal surgeon at a private hospital and no one knows.
    I can hardly walk just now.
    Absolutely gutted. Not only have I missed out on a track day but I'm self employed doing renovation work which I'm very worried about right now.
    A 70 mile ride the other week made my back so sore it brought me to tears and after this, I have to seriously consider whether I can continue to ride a motorbike full stop.

Sorry about the moan folks but my back is that bad and I feel so lost with it all.

Thanks.

2. It sounds like you are in a tough spot. I hope they are able to give you something for the pain and a revised treatment plan to sort it out. Have you had a second opinion at another hospital?
    All the best mate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maybe a bulging disc, this can heal it's self in time or might need corrective surgery :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thread moved and GWS

• Like Like x 1
  5. Good luck to you, webbo. I hope you can get some useful medical advice from another source.

Sorry for your troubles. We can all hope that they get better, with treatment or with time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Might be saying the obvious, but have you had any physiotherapy input? The correct exercises, stretching, and massage can make a huge difference for back problems.

Hope you feel better soon dude.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. You may find a sports bike better on track for your back as a lot more weight is on your feet and wrists rather than just yer arse.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gutted for you

Someone I know had the same symptoms that no doctor could figure out

Turned out a physio has the symptoms before and it was gallstones or kidney stones

Might be worth looking at

Steve

• Like Like x 1
  9. Have you had your (CSF) cerebral spinal fluid tested?

• Like Like x 1

10. I've a protruding disc at L5 S1 , torn disc ar L4 L5 and a dehydrated disc at L4 L3... all of which apparently aren't touching any nerves.

11. No I haven't.... could you please enlighten me? Thanks.

12. No I haven't.... could you please enlighten me? Thanks.

13. I've had 3 lots of 4 blood bike samples taken looking at kidney function etc.
    All inflammatory markers are good, kidneys and liver good, red blood cells good etc etc.
    Been diagnosed with fibromyalgia which explains some of my general back pain.

14. Back pain isn’t fun
    Oxycodone and gabapentin keeps mine at bay

My friend has just had titanium vertebrae installed in Germany and so far so good for her

Hope you get yours sorted soon

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sorry to hear that you've a bad back too. Not nice.

Hopefully it will right itself at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bloody Hell:worried:,well if your British a stiff upper lip is needed and carry on fighting and fingers crossed you find the right man with the right tools:upyeah:

• Like Like x 3

17. I hope I find the right man with the right tools too lol.
    Just been told last week that the vertebra in my thoracic spine are thinning so more blood tests for that.
    Add that to club feet, a fused left ankle, a torn right achilles, a torn knee left mcl, a left ac joint separation, right knee meniscus damage and damaged rotator cuffs and fibromyalgia I'm in great health.

On the plus side my dad took some good photos of today lol IMG-20180904-WA0001.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. As W.Churchill Kept on saying,Keep Buggering On,,KBO:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sadly not for me but I hope you get sorted :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. @webbo mate I know 3 of the top chiropractors in Cheltenham if that's any help?? I've been to the docs many times for back pain but these boys ate the only ones who can sort it.

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information