1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gutted, Not Impressed And P’d Off

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by iang27, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Cheers Roger,getting bits cut out ‘ C ‘ so it will not be great !

The bike was to pick me up a bit.

Speak soon

2. Ian.

Can I just add a few points

Is the tank swelled or has the idiot that owned it before you fitted a 1098 keyguard to an 848 tank. They are bigger and the Yank lads that had to get it replaced under warranty ended up with 848 tanks and a fitting kit for the barrel to move it back to accept the 848 cover
    The bumpstops need altering to stop the lock to lock
    They clearly haven't serviced it as the diagnostic port is under there.
    I hate wankers that say they are doing stuff but don't but don't get too down as most of it can be sorted. I agree you shouldn't have to do it but I've had a lot worse

3. The tank was that tight against the front of the seat that it was pushing it up and it looked like the tank panels were pushing the whole seat unit back.
    The two screws holding the seat were loose but one wouldn’t come out at all. Me andvhe driver had to pull it up and it eventually came out. Looked like no one had been under there in ages.
    The tank creaked as soon as you touched the tank bolt as though there was a strain on it.
    The forks touched he tank and the left wiring was rubbing the corner. Nonpaint off though.
    Didn’t have enough confidence in it to want to keep it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. That's shockingly bad. Please let Ducati UK know, as this isn't good for the brand reputation. Naming them on here will help too as none of us would want a similar experience.

No dealer is perfect, but when they get something wrong they have obligations to put things right... and a *good* dealer will go the extra mile to make sure your experience is not soured. Your circumstances are not the dealer's responsibility, but as a community of sorts I think that many on here would want to show some solidarity and not reward a poor dealer with our business.

Good luck in getting sorted, and with the other issues too. :punch:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah it's just there doesn't seem any deforming of the tank and it looked equal where the forks hit it.
    The tanks squeak like hell it's the rubbers that make the noise. Mine is really tight to fit but it isn't warped. I'm sure that's just the wrong keyguard. The cable hitting the tank was that not the heated grip cable.
    Looks like previous owner has not done any work on it and what he has done he's made an arse of. I fcuking hate those fork adjusters. Totally w@nk

6. This ^

7. Definetly swelled, I had the same on mine, Ducati supplied a new tank free of charge, but should offer us a recall, and supply us with a tank that is free of these problems, as at the moment they just give you a new tank with the same spec, so it will happen again!

8. Always ask the dealer first: you did ask them straight out about the tank so it was defo not as described. if they say no, and you paid even a small deposit by credit card, then you could still chargeback for the costs if they don't provide a refund.

9. It wasn’t the normal rubber squeak from the tank. I put an Allen key in the mounting bolt and it sort of creaked like it was under stress, as though it wanted to push back. Just nipped it up again.
    To get the seat bolts lined up you had to force the seat forward to see the holes.
    See if the refund appears this morning.

#29 iang27, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  10. Just a thought... a call to VOSA (or whoever controls the MOT process now) to inform them that you received a bike with a fresh MOT (give them the reg) that had a number of safety critical issues and let them look into it... I imagine the dealer will soon be put on the spot for the quality of their MOT...

• Like Like x 1
  11. More to the point....am i missing something here but everything thats been said it looks to me like it been crashed!....and then repaired...badly...!

#31 comfysofa, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. They have sent the refund in full and I have sent an email to the owner.

I don’t want to rock the boat with the dealer as they apart from this incident are usually excellent. They have paid me back without any quibble and I wouldn’t ‘slag them off’

I am more disappointed that the salesman obviously didn’t check the tank when I asked him, otherwise he and the rest of the staff I have spoken to are always pleasant.

Just expected more from ‘2 times in a row dealer of the year’

#32 iang27, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Sorry but I really disagree. You might expect to get a bike like that off some dodgy urchin trading as a dealer, but no bloody way from an authorised dealer. They have clearly lied and fallen way below the expectations required to maintain approved dealership status. Hopefully the MD of Ducati has clocked this thread. I would be on tbe phone to him to tomorrow. Or if he sees this he should PM you immediately.
    These fraudsters will happily sell this bike to the next unsuspecting customer!!!
    They might be nice, but they are shiesters simple as! They should immediately refund you any out of pocket expenses.
    Although you do not want to name and shame, i can guarantee you no other forum members would willingly shop from these crooks without a proper explanation as to what has occured.
    At least give us a geographical clue??

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Within 120 miles of Northumberland and has been awarded dealer of the year twice :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. unfortunately not an area i am familiar with:(

16. Well, final update and good news.

After sending a message to the owner all of my out of pocket expenses have been covered and they have refunded the full amount directly into my bank.

I have dealt with this dealer previously and always had good service so maybe this was just a one off.
    I cannot ask for any more from them and this maybe demonstrates why the do have a normally good reputation.

Still doesn’t excuse being told that the issue I asked about was not disclosed but it has all ended well and I wouldn’t let it put me off trying them again as I am sure this would not be repeated.

Hopefully they sort the problems out before reselling it.

Now what do I do, give it up as a bad job, choose another model or jump ship to something different.

• Like Like x 2
  17. No, further south from Newcastle !

Couldn’t see Martin letting a bike out like that.

18. No, me neither. Top dealers Ducati Glasgow!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ok, another stab. Leeds! The land of the greatest football team. Ever...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. It will be for sale again soon - hopefully with the issues corrected :eyes:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information