Guy Martin And Artificial Intelligence.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by noobie, Nov 26, 2017.

1. I do like Guy I have to be honest and on channel 4 at 9pm and channel 4+1 at 10pm is Guy versus the robot car.

Despite DA Yoofs insistence technology is the way forward, it may also be the biggest reason why our grandkids could have less opportunities than we had. Tonight's one is autonomous cars.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Worth a watch I reckon, although I do kinda like the bloke, he does wear a bit after a while.

3. Can you imagine him and James blunt talking to each other?

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Very unusual sentence to have both intelligence and Guy Martin in, however with the inclusion of artificial, world order is resumed. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Think it was/is on Channel 4 soon

6. It's a film 4 production iirc?

7. Not Martin tonight but more on ai. tonight there is on channel 4 at 10pma programme called the robot will see you now

Quick intro Documentary looking at society's increasing reliance on artificial intelligence in everyday life, even for our most intimate concerns. Jess is a personal assistant robot, who uses AI-based analysis to offer couples and families advice on their problems. From marriage and infidelity to obesity, Jess brings her analysis to people's big issues. But as the AI gets more advanced, just how far will we let it into our most private thoughts?

8. @chizel would fry it's brains o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. One of our suppliers has a Tesla. He set the car on automatic with it to note all the obstacles and cars around it, just as Guy Martin showed on the programme. It crashed causing thousands of pounds of damage.

Just imagine the carnage with driverless trucks on the open roads going wrong or the Internetz and satellites failing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. What worries me about the trucks is most of our roads are single and dual carriageways, having used the a14 and a47 on a regular occasions the idea of 3 and 4 lorries in a huge road train at 40mph scares me given how many accidents are caused by multiple lorries backing up the traffic by considerable miles.

11. good programme, was worth a watch although would be interested to know how heavily it was edited in terms of acceptable/successful interviews and robot responses.

12. was also listening to a R4 piece on space weather and how it contributes to satellite IT crashes. an electromagnetic storm from the sun could (and has) caused various GPS satlellites and similar to go haywire for a short period - imagine the driverless vehicles all going AWOL next time the sun throws a random flare in our direction!

more and more AI is taking away our jobs. The casual labour will get less, e.g. amazon warehouses are capable of going way more autonomous than they currently are, and it seems that they are only holding back for fear of backlash from those employed in these giant sheds and the political noise that would follow. but the tech isn't just for low tech pick n pack jobs, it is getting applied to stock markets (no need for brokers any more), and to some more niche fuzzy applications (e.g. circuit design for PCBs now heavily automated therefore fewer electonic design engineers, etc). slowly most of our jobs will, to varying degrees, be dumbed-down so as to allow the AI to do the "clever" stuff as well as the repetetive stuff, and fewer of us will be needed for all of this. maybe a career changeinto robotic maintenace is a way forward??

Pete

13. The Thursday episode of looking at A.I. is sex robots, boy will that open a can of worms if partners can be replaced.

14. Will they be able to make dinner and do the ironing? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I think I'm looking forward to seeing if they have a mute button

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Isn't a sex robot literally a can of worms?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Interesting :thinkingface:

18. I feel this thread has lost its way.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information