1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy Martin's Great Escape

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Robarano, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Accurate review, although I did watch it all o_O it would have been good at an hour. Too much non drama drama :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. I agree. I think, with the material they had, the programme makers might have struggled to make an hour long show look padded. I did like the bike though.

3. In interview Chad reckoned his dad did the actual jump early morning of the day of filming

TB

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I went to the Triumph museum in Hinckley, the fella taking the tour of the factory told me this was the bike from the film, found in a Belgium barn?

2C7D13AD-7511-4885-B91D-8A25336C94C4.jpeg

5. You should get a side by side photo of your lad on the bike and McQueen sat on it in the movie. He will grow up to appreciate the significance of it in later life, even if he understandably doesn't know who the actor was.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I think the bike has taken residence in the museum now but I’ve got that famous poster of McQueen sitting on it next to the stop sign so could try to do something with that in the background. My lad is ten so his computer skills are much better than mine, he could probably photoshop it or something !

• Like Like x 1
  7. The fact that they used a British bike as a German Army issue motorcycle was a no no, but even more so the use of a swinging arm model which didn't appear in production until 1954 makes it a farce. Still the best War movie ever.........

• Like Like x 1
  8. With Kelly's Heroes in the top ten as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. woof woof

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Sky Arts channel has been showing a series of documentaries about McQueen’s life that are worth watching. He didn’t have much of a childhood by the look of things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Crap game.:upyeah:

• Love You Love You x 1

12. Best war film ever in my opinion

for the theme music alone it wins lol

• Like Like x 3
  13. Got to be The Battle of Britain.
    ‘ Beware the Hun in the sun ‘
    Applies to GS riders as well !

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Watched this one yesterday afternoon.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thought this was about the fact he’d got off the fake licence charge.

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  16. I can smell hospital..... made me laugh.

Fair play to him, for just hitting it first go. No messing about.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Chad reckons that his mother told him that Steve did the jump - but, to be fair, Neile Adams said lot of things that are provably rubbish about her ex-husband...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information