1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guzzi Or Multistrada?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Just interested in opinions. Assuming that the Eye Police ever give me permission to ride again AND I get the insurance payout, I will probably buy myself another bike as a reward to getting better - and dealing with all the sh1t that I've had to deal with (this one wasn't my fault but it sometime feels that way!).

So, now the question of what? A Guzzi interests me because I have never owned one but always fancied it. The choice is a brand new Guzzi V85 Travel or a used Multistrada like this:
    upload_2020-2-19_14-32-45.png
    That's at Riders in Bristol (my nearest Ducati dealer) or I can get the Guzzi from Fowlers in Bristol or there is MotoCorsa near my brother's place outside Salisbury.

What would you do?

2. My two favourite bike brands. A test is the only answer but based on my experiences of both brands I think you`ll find the Guzzi is more inclined to make you ride at a slower pace than the Duke and also that MG put more emphasis on comfort. I`ve not ridden either of those two specific models but having had a Multi 1200 and not hugely enjoyed it I`d try the V85 .

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Geoff at Baines Racing and Neil at Sigma Performance both ride Guzzi’s which I thought was pretty interesting.

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. As is obvious from this forum, there is no accounting for taste :joy: Andy

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Whichever you try, don’t have a short test ride.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. I know that Fowlers just give you the bike and let you get on with it. I've tested from them before. It didn't work as I thought that the bike was rubbish (Yamaha aTracer 700). I remember that it was a good distance as I took it to Bath then back to Bristol the long way. I think that I upset the salesman though as he asked me expectantly what I thought of it. "Sh1t!", I replied!

I will try to be more diplomatic this time! I am sure that it won't be the case, though. I don't need ro test the Multi as I've ridden one before.

The test ride on the Yamaha just persuaded me to buy another Ducati (I got the ST3). The good thing is that if I don't like the Guzzi then I know that it will be the Multi!

7. I`ll be interested to read your thoughts on the V85, definitely on my list for some time in the future. I`d make sure you get at least an hour to test it, Guzzi`s are not like anything else I`ve ridden and the first 30 minutes can be crap.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Actually, writing this thread has already helped me. I don't need to test the Guzzi! It's the Multistrada that has made up my mind!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Good choice. Probably.

10. And there is a touring kit available with panniers and a centre-stand. It's not cheap but if the bike was still available when I am ready to buy, then I'm sure that a deal could be done.

11. My mind is never made up! I will keep the Ducatis but this is a very tempting addition to the fleet!
    upload_2020-2-26_17-29-51.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. @PerryL Have you seen that there are some ex demos coming on the market now with very low mileage and a decent reduction ?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yes. There is a joint near Salisbury where my brother lives who are advertising ex-demos. Moto Corsa who I aim to go and see (when I get my driving licence legal) and Fowlers in Bristol have a demo that is not for sale yet but might be when I am in a position to buy. The TT Travel is not out yet but it is all just accessories as it is the same bike as the V85.

Moto Corsa seem to have derived from Three Cross Motorcycles. Anybody remember them? I came within a gnat's cock of buying a Guzzi years ago. It was a V50 that I test rode and loved. I thought they backtracked on the part ex offer they made on whatever I was riding at the time. I flounced out thinking that hey were trying to rip me. I could of been wrong!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Coz a trip to Poland is my main focus, then I want a tourer.

15. No no , what was I thinking Ducati obvs!

16. I confess I would plump for the Guzzi. I've seen some stellar reviews of it, and just think it has more character.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Seriously, I'd lick neither, but it aint my money, but if it was, I'd get a Suzuki bandit.

18. A Suzuki Bandit!!! Defo NOT!!!

19. Flippin good bikes, go forever, get camo pants and googles, rip it

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information