1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Hacksaw To The Butterfly

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wayne58, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Works equally well, only didn't want cable dangling around

2. Not broken, just worn down to fuck all.... :grinning:

3. I dun wanna permanently remove the valve, my dealer will blame me for any warranty claim in the future for sure

4. Spoke to my dealer beforehand, and not only did they say it was OK, they actually thanked me as it avoids alot of unwanted warranty work if they can advise other folk that it's successful. A little known fact, but warranty claims parts are paid for by Ducati but the labour rate is no where near full, so some dealers don't care for certain warranty jobs. Motorapido actually gave me a small gift for drilling out the butterfly, I kid you not. :upyeah:

#24 Wayne58, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. HeHe, I'd actually started out to do that, but my first pass with the Dremel was a bit "enthusiastic"!

6. Doesn't remove the butterfly permanently. If you wanted to refit it, you just need to screw it back on with a couple of bolts. :)

7. Why on earth would you want to refit that rusting seizing piece of junk ?? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Does it make the bike sound any better as in louder at lower rpms??

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

9. A little deeper sound wise but certainly not offensive, I much prefer the noise and the mid range response.

10. In the past when drilling metal near inlets I've used the rag down the hole method but have backed it up with magnet strips. Mine were stripped from an old fridge freezer door, just cut the flexi plastic and strip out the 2 foot magnet strip. I was then able to cut them to size with some long ones for those deeper holes.

If you haven't got an old fridge, next time you are down the council tip, ask one of the blokes if you can cut one out of an old dumped fridge/freezer door seal.

11. Or.................start it up, take it for a blast, clears it out lovely :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Or do it with it running :)

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Wear some goggles doing it this way :grinning:

14. Might do this mod at the weekend. Just so I'm clear....if you remove the butterfly (drill or grind out the screws or welds) you can leave the mechanism and cables in place and the ecu still thinks it's all working as the butterfly spindle is still in place and turning?

15. Correct [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Yes indeed, thats exactly what I did

17. Me too please! Got a dremel haha!

18. It's a piece of piss to do mate, and well worth it in my eyes :upyeah:

19. Meaning, easy?

20. Sorry, yes, its easy... :):upyeah:

#40 Wayne58, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2017
Do Not Sell My Personal Information