1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Hacksaw To The Butterfly

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wayne58, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Don't you have a magnetic telescopic tool, ya know, when you drop a nut down where it's impossible to reach? I've used mine so many times!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Yeah got one but no joy in sticking to the disc

4. Well I luckily received my new exhaust & decat pipe last night and fitted them, well chuffed!!! The original cat and silencer will be airlifted to my loft! ;)

IMG_0572.JPG

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0573.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Nice, how much? Do you need rear pegs in to fit? Does it need mapping? Any improvement in performance or illuminating flat spot? Cheers. :upyeah:

6. PS, is it stupid loud, or just a bit louder than stock?

8. Quite pricey at £816 especially as it only cost £300 for a quality decat and carbon 2 brothers can for my last bike (ZX10r). Just had to remove right rear peg when fitting but then goes back on fine. Went for a blast today and seems to pull much more smoothly and no flat spots at all, was brill! Also it is a lot louder but wouldn't expect anything else. I don't wear ear plugs and certainly not any more painful when riding.
    No need to tune as lambda sensor still intact in the header pipe. I also fitted a healtech servo eliminator just in case.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. I think 816 is OK compared to the 1800 of a termi though, thanks for info dude.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks Glenn, just got the rim tape from eBay, I also bought some plain red tape at the same time but chose these ones to fit first.

11. PS, I take rear pegs off when panniers not on so this is ideal if it does not need a hanger?

12. Ahh gotya now, no, no need for rear hangers ;)
    Do you blank yours off?

13. Do you have the link? :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yes mate, I just use stainless Allen headed bolts to fill the holes, tried black bolts but it looks a little odd.

#77 Wayne58, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2017
  15. Afternoon all,
    here we go again with another addition about this engineering wonder.
    Can I just confirm that the 'Normal' position for the valve is Open ?
    Mine has been freed up now and want to double check what the states of the valve should be. Its got to go back to my local dealer anyway for the warning light to be cleared and for a couple of other issues to be sorted.

:)

16. Default for DVT I am 100% sure is open.

17. Yeah! But what about the other 2% ?
    :)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information