1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had To Share This, The Mind Boggles....

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Phill748, May 14, 2020.

1. How the fuck did he manage that?! :joy::joy:

Seemed to be coasting round most corners with no load, so I’m surprised he hasn’t been off before that one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. He must have slammed on the rear brake then went straight for the ditch.
    Nothing to do with TC or following chaps on sport bikes.....

3. panic due to oncoming traffic ,if you don't think you will make it you probably won't !

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Also in his caption he says he knew it was a knackered tyre, so WHY push that hard, I just really hope he learns from that, it could have been so so much worse. I fear he won’t

5. Amazing how a rear tyre can somehow make you go straight on while bolt upright into a ditch. I must go back to studying in my magic class to figure that one out.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ha! I know this road well! This is Glendora Mountain Road, northeast of Los Angeles about 45 miles. Great road that turns into Glendora Ridge road that leads up to Mt. Baldy. Where he wrecks is just about to the junction where it joins to go up Glendora Ridge Road or down the backside of GRR to East Fork Rd. I used to Live in Pasadena, CA and Glendora is a small bedroom community nestled up against the San Gabriel Mountains (that run east to slightly northwest) just north of LA. This a fantastic piece of road, with very little traffic and was a GEM in all of Southern California (Along with Bouquet Canyon) until the drifters started using it and we all know they use up a LOT more of the road than their assigned lane as they throw the cars completely sideways.

Anyway, this is clearly a case of NOT knowing how to ride well. Clearly over his head if freaked out by an oncoming car and not setting his line up so he doesn't need to make adjustments if a car happens to come around the corner in his own lane! He's lucky. With his lack of skill in shifting, proper gear selection, use of front brakes and bike selection he's just damn lucky, because on the left side of him not far from a number of those corners, it's a steep drop down about 1500' to 3000' in some places.

We used to rip through here on early saturday and Sunday mornings, really quick on this snake of a road was 35mph to 60mph (A couple stretches you could whack it to about 90mph) as it's literally turning almost all the time. Attached is a screenshot of his ride and crash site (Best guess) Start from the bottom and towards the top you see the icon I added right on the "d" part of Glendora Mountain Rd, I reckon this is where he crashed. *Note: That road runs along a ridge and the water/reservoirs you see off to the left are about 2000' below the road. Screen Shot Glendora Mtn Road.png

But most of all I think this crash is due to too much polished aluminum/chrome on the triple clamp and gauge area.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information