1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halfords Socket Set Deal

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Wassy, Jun 1, 2019.

1. do it , they aren't too bad, i bought one of the smaller metric sets about 12 years ago and managed to bend the square drive fitting on the 3/8 breaker bar. but only by standing on it with a scaff pole extension trying to undo a clutch nut :D. Other than that its all been well used and abused and still works fine.
    i bought the 150 piece set around 5 years ago. I prob only use 40% of it but, set still has a couple of annoying gaps in the spanner sizes you will need to fill.
    the carry case is super useful as its pretty solid, and makes easy to find and organise stuff while working and to see quickly if bits are missing before packing up.
    it goes back and forth with me to trackdays and occasional jobs and gets used in the workshop by a bunch of skilled and and less so folk. So far only the lid of the small screwdrivers case has broken, the tools are all in pretty good shape . the 3/8 torx bits are getting a little battered.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1

2. A few weeks ago I bought a spammer from Halfords, and was offered the option of having an e receipt mailed to me.
    Which I thought was an excellent idea as it means you will always be able to access the receipt.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Spammers come in all shapes and sizes nowdays John. Beware because their everywhere!!:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Use your Halfords card and place the order online through your login and you keep transaction history on account for warranty claims.

I'm almost full of their tray sets now and love them. Proper quality feel and although I have some snap on, it's not really discernable apart from my trusty snap on ratchet screwdriver which is about 15 years old and still the daddy

5. Isn't it just the pro stuff with a lifetime guarantee?

Whose lifetime is it anyway? Yours, mine, Elvis's?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Also if you paid with any type of card, it will be on Halfords system and they will can check if necessary to authorise a warranty claim.

I bought a set of long sockets today at Halfrauds, 8mm to 19mm £9.50. A 12mm long single socket was £4.50. Seemed like a bargain to spend double what I had planned!

#27 Jez900ie, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  7. I've bust stuff from Snap On and they sometimes replace, but other times they put it down to misuse and really I have bust it because I was exerting way to much beyond the mechanics of what the tool was designed for

Do Not Sell My Personal Information